dizzle is offline Respected Member

everyday muscle workout

I never really took classes or anything about weight lifting for the first couple years I started working out. I just went to my local gym and did a little bit of everything without having a routine. After a little bit of education and reading a lot around here, I've found out that most people just work out one muscle group a week, like chest/mondays, legs/tuesdays, etc. I was wondering how effective a workout would I get if I did Biceps 4 days a week, basically everytime I go in the gym, I always do a lot of curls. I feel like I'm getting stronger, and that I'm doing more every time I go in. Should I drop down to just once a week?

By the way, this is all natural w/ lots of protein everyday. I'm not on any juice...yet.

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    you grow when you rest not when you work out, you have to let your body heal and grow, give any muscle you work at least 48 hours rest from heavy loads

FREAK2 is offline New Member
    it might seem like your getting stronger but if you keep training bi's 4 days a week then sooner or later something is gonna give; your strength, or a muscle tear. So i would go for 1 time a week or maybe 2 see how you feel.

jbrand is offline Member

Re: everyday muscle workout

Originally posted by dizzle
    I never really took classes or anything about weight lifting for the first couple years I started working out. I just went to my local gym and did a little bit of everything without having a routine. After a little bit of education and reading a lot around here, I've found out that most people just work out one muscle group a week, like chest/mondays, legs/tuesdays, etc. I was wondering how effective a workout would I get if I did Biceps 4 days a week, basically everytime I go in the gym, I always do a lot of curls. I feel like I'm getting stronger, and that I'm doing more every time I go in. Should I drop down to just once a week?

By the way, this is all natural w/ lots of protein everyday. I'm not on any juice...yet.
    Training frequency is a concept that is not played with enough. A program such as HST (hypertrophy strength training) which recommends 3x a week bodypart training can be efficient for some people as long as other loading parameters are altered to suit this short-term program. I find it necessary to decrease both intensity and volume when increasing frequency. My body tends to respond best to training each bodypart once a week, but you can't knock a certain training protocol until you've tried it.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    don't over train, gains come from rest, and slowly overtime.
    peace

thegame01 is offline Member
    I agree with most of the the replies.If your going to pound the shit out of your pipes ,then definitely cut back to once or twice a week at the most.At first you will always make gains ,it doesnt matter what you do but eventually you will be overtraining and stop growing and maybe even lose some muscle mass.If you only want to "tone" if that word exists then you could do full body 3 times a week. Thats how i started for at least a year iwas doing full body MOn,Wed,Fri.But if you ever want serious gains,you will have to split your routine .Btw dont be like those guy's that only train arms all the time and get huge pipes but have chicken legs . It looks like shit.
    anyways good luck bro and if your looking for a great workout ,just go down and fing BigKev's workout ,it';s pretty good

Thread Information