david beads is offline Junior Member

Help with chest routine!!

I need some help on how to build my chest up especially in the middle. I usually do flat bench,incline bench,incline dumbells,flat flys, and crossover from the bottom up or peck deck. Please help if u have any ideas My workout routine is chest mon,back tues,arms weds,thurs off,shoulders fri,legs sat. abs every other day. Also let me know if im overtraining any body parts

Quote Originally Posted by david beads
    I need some help on how to build my chest up especially in the middle. I usually do flat bench,incline bench,incline dumbells,flat flys, and crossover from the bottom up or peck deck. Please help if u have any ideas My workout routine is chest mon,back tues,arms weds,thurs off,shoulders fri,legs sat. abs every other day. Also let me know if im overtraining any body parts
    Do 2 compound exercises and one iso exercise for chest and that is all you need. Read as much as you can...there is so much to learn about weight training. Also, I couldnt tell you if you are overtraining other muscles without knowing what you do for them. I can say that you should do triceps with chest and biceps with back instead of working your arms after doing chest and back on the previous workout days.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Do 2 compound exercises and one iso exercise for chest and that is all you need. Read as much as you can...there is so much to learn about weight training. Also, I couldnt tell you if you are overtraining other muscles without knowing what you do for them. I can say that you should do triceps with chest and biceps with back instead of working your arms after doing chest and back on the previous workout days.
    agreed. I would only do flat bench, incline bench, and an iso such as fly's. I personally can't do flies so i do cable crossovers.

Do bi's and back together, and tri's and chest together.

So all I need to do for each body part is 3 excercises, how many sets? So if I do chest and tris monday how would the rest of my routine look?

So all I need to do for each body part is 3 excercises, how many sets? So if I do chest and tris monday how would the rest of my routine look?
    Back and Bi's - Tuesday

OFF - Wednesday

Shoulders and Traps - Thursday

Legs - Friday

OFF - Saturday, Sunday

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Back and Bi's - Tuesday

OFF - Wednesday

Shoulders and Traps - Thursday

Legs - Friday

OFF - Saturday, Sunday
    thats the split i do, but i do.
    mon- shoulders, traps
    tue- back, bi
    wed- off
    thurs- legs
    fri- chest, tri
    sat, sun- off

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Sauce
    thats the split i do, but i do.
    mon- shoulders, traps
    tue- back, bi
    wed- off
    thurs- legs
    fri- chest, tri
    sat, sun- off
    It is a great split. You do traps on Monday and then back the next day...I am sure that it works for you, but I would not like to do rowing movements (which involve traps) the day after I directly hit my traps. Does that bother you??? Do you have a particular reason for this split as opposed to the one I do, just curious?

It is a great split. You do traps on Monday and then back the next day...I am sure that it works for you, but I would not like to do rowing movements (which involve traps) the day after I directly hit my traps. Does that bother you??? Do you have a particular reason for this split as opposed to the one I do, just curious?
    3 reasons. i dont do legs on friday because i need to walk on the weekend. also i dont do a lot for my traps now so it doesnt interfere with back day. also i need the weekend off after i do chest.

your split looks nice too tho.

Thanx bros, one more question so three excercises for each body part no more?? I want to put on size whats the best number of sets and reps per body part??

Thanx bros, one more question so three excercises for each body part no more?? I want to put on size whats the best number of sets and reps per body part??
    3 or 4 sets per body part. depends how that body part feels that day for me.
    reps, well that depends on the body part. 12-15 for legs, 10-12 chest and back, 6-10 for small parts

thanx Juicy, what about excercises is it correct that I shouldn't do more than 3 per bodypart?

If you are doing more volume and less intensity you can do 4 exercises per bodypart...we just said three to keep you form overtraining. Once you become more ecperienced you will know how to gague yourself.

Thread Information