Thread: Deadlift

HUNTER1 is offline Member

Deadlift

What would be a good workout program for increasing strength in the deadlift? I want to increase my poundage in this excercise and possibly compete in some weightlifting/powerlifting meets. My bench and squat are pretty good, but I feel I'm lacking in this area. I was thinking about taking a day and just doing deadlifts? How many sets, reps, go heavy/light? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i am the man to talk to about this, yes take a seperate day to do deads, lets talk, do you use conventionl or sumo technique?

pelly789 is offline Member
    im curious as to doing deadlifts too i hurt the middle of my back not too long ago they called it a lateral back sprain and its better for the most part i was wondering if you had any websites that showed how to do a dead lift correctly the conventional way thanks

Kristofer68ss is offline Associate Member

joining

"subscribing"

Geodogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pelly789
    im curious as to doing deadlifts too i hurt the middle of my back not too long ago they called it a lateral back sprain and its better for the most part i was wondering if you had any websites that showed how to do a dead lift correctly the conventional way thanks
    bodybuilding.com
    they have videos and everything.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i don't have videos but i do have a site 4u, www.irongame.com, top strng man and pwoerlifters in the sport in contests doing there thing, 1000's of video's of presses squats and deads, take a watch and we can discuss more,lots of different lifters with different body types and different forms, pick a form that suits your body best,

pelly789 is offline Member
    cool thanks guys

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    Doc.
    I've been training using the conventional style. It seems a little more natural feeling for me. However, I'm not opposed to the Sumo style if you think it would improve my lift weight? What is your take on the two styles?(Compare/contrast) I'm about 5'8, 185lb.

By the way, irongame.com is one cool as* site. Thanks for your help.

flexin is offline New Member
    deadlifts are awesome for lower back, traps and hams. They are my most fav. exercise.

Thread Information