DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Long write-up/ diet and traning, what do you think ?

I need another person’s option.

I am 25years old and about 5 years ago started out at 140lbs at 5’6. I normally did the same old splits over and over again for years. Things mentally started to change for the best.. I started eating right, pro/fat pro/carb (will list diet at bottom) along with bumping my calories into the 3500ish area. I then found that compounds where the way to go (so I read) especially for people of my size (smaller guys). So now I am eating a lot more, I am doing compounds movements and I also decided to do fullbody workouts 3x a week. I originally followed Chad Waterburys workout for 3x a week on T-natiion. Well I naturally gained weight till about 160ish which I didn’t think was bad at all(+20lbs). As we all do, I wanted more. I then decided to hit the juice. I am on Test e 500mg a week with 2 shots a week (mon-morning thur-night). I am also taking 20mg of nolva daily. I am in my 8th week of the cycle which I planed on running till 12 weeks and my weight is currently 172lbs (about +12lbs). I kind of fell off the wagon with Chad Waterburys plan and started doing my own heavy compounds routine but using most important parts from Chad’s originally write up. I workout mon wed and fri and normally do 5 compounds movements and 2 isolated movement. I have seen to hit a wall. I cannot reach my goal which is 180lbs. I have been eating so much that I even started to try and eat junk food to get there. I already find myself trying to plan my next cycle but I don’t want to workout for the gear. I want to be able to workout on my own and gain and let the gear be a extra incentive. Any advice you can offer me would be awesome.

Diet:
    I try to eat 8 meals a day consisting of 430 calories a meal. I mostly stick to steak, lean ground meat, chicken , cottage cheese , eggs, fish, etc. For my fats I use natural PB and olive oil in my shakes.

This is how to try and plan out of meals

Wake up eat – Protein shake with oats blended, 3-4 whole eggs

After breakfast – two hamburgers with com PB

Lunch – 2 chicken breast, try and get veggies with this w/almounds

After lunch – fish with PB

Before gym 10-12 egg whites w/ brown rice

After gym shake – 2 scoops of whey with dex/malt

Post post gym- steak w/ rice

Before bed- cottage cheese PB or a small shake w/ olive oil

That is the idea of how I plan my meals.

My workout:

I am going to list the first two weeks of my made up workouts
    None of the number include bar weight
    **The goal rep was reach unless there is parenthesis with the rep number in it.

Monday 4x5
    Squats 160 – 180 -180 – 180
    BB Bent over rows – 90 -120 -120- 120
    DB should press – 50 -55 -55 -55
    Db chest press -75-85-85-85
    BB curls 25 – 30- 35- 35 (only 4 reps then drop set)
    Rev grip cable pull down 106-132-144-144

Wed 4x8
    Deadlift 160-230-250- 250(7)
    Standing BB m presses – 40-50-60-65 (7)
    Assisted machine pull-ups 104-104-104(7) -96
    Incline DB chest press 55-65-70-70 (6)
    Hammer curls 30-35-35-35
    Skullcrushers 50-70-70-70(5)

Fri 3x15
    Squats 140-160-160
    Palms out bent over row 90-100-100 (13)
    BB upright row 25-25(12) 25 (12) drop set to 0
    Decline DB press 65-70 -70
    Seated db curl 30 (9) 30 (8) 30 (7)

WEEK2

Monday 3x8
    Pull ups close grip BW (no machine) 11 – 6 – 4
    Incline DB press 65- 70- 70
    Seated cable pulldown machine (behind back)- 140 – 150 (5) 130
    Hack squats 140- 140- 140
    DB should press 55 – 60 – 60(5)
    Grip workout , heavy bar pull. Just lift heavy BB and hold it

Wed 3x5
    BB m press 70-75-75-75
    BB bent over row (focus on form) 105-105-105-105 (thought I was doing wrong but I wasn’t)
    Chest DB press 85-85-85
    Dead 180-230-230
    EZ curls 60- 60(3) form ! 50 (5) 50(4)
    Skipped smith close grip (ran out of time at gym)

Fri 4x8
    Sumo deads 180-230-250-250
    bb- m press 70- 80(7) 75(7) 75(6) 70(7)
    decline db press 75-80-80-85
    wide asst pull-ups 104-112-112-96
    dips (BW) 12-12-12-17
    heavy pulls (grip)

That’s a little look into what I have been doing. The numbers might not be the greatest but I am trying to keep good form on my lifts. I can see that my strength has gone up but not so much my weight(past 172). I can tell that my stomach in getting bigger ! I understand I am bulking but it still tends to bother me a little bit . I did some quick measurements before cycle :

Thigh just about 22”
    Bi- 15”
    Chest 38”
    Calves 16”

Currently

Thigh 22 and a half
    Bi 15 and a quarter
    Chest 40
    Calves 16 and a quarter

So I mean there is come growth but for where I want to see it I do not. I want bigger arms and chest. Now I now I didn’t list flat BB chest press because I never have a spotter so I am always afraid to do them but I am going to try and go light and see how it goes. Well tell me what you think. Man I can’t believe I typed all this shit out !

I also hear compounds, compounds but it seems i am the only one that does them. Are splits maybe more my thing or should i just give the compounds more time ?

I was thinking with bi's for example i am only directly hitting them 3 times a week. Once mon , wed , fri. Enough ? I guess i just don't get the pump that i use to when i did splits.

Blog Entries
    Is everyone hanging out in the steriod forum again?

JuiceHead25 is offline New Member
    Bro first of all you are getting too much fat intake with steak and pb 3x a day! Maybe thats why your stomach is getting bigger...eat more veggies and also have potatoes and fruit not two hamburgers with pb(lots and lots of fat)

On your workouts you only need to hit each body part once weekly...3x weekly is way too much. You are more than likely overtraining and thats why you are not getting the results you desire.
    Try a training slpit like this:
    Mon - Chest(12-15 sets),Tris(6-9 sets)
    Tues - Legs(12-18 sets), Calves(5 sets)
    Wed - OFF
    Thur - Back(12-16 sets), Bis(6-9 sets)Traps(4-6 sets)
    Fri - Shoulders(12-16 sets)

Each time you workout make sure you make every rep count and you focus totally on the "feeling" of the muscle that is working. Doing this, along with proper diet and rest, will surely shoot you in the right direction!
    Good luck man! Keep me updated on any concerns or just let me know if you like the routine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceHead25
    Bro first of all you are getting too much fat intake with steak and pb 3x a day! Maybe thats why your stomach is getting bigger...eat more veggies and also have potatoes and fruit not two hamburgers with pb(lots and lots of fat)

On your workouts you only need to hit each body part once weekly...3x weekly is way too much. You are more than likely overtraining and thats why you are not getting the results you desire.
    Try a training slpit like this:
    Mon - Chest(12-15 sets),Tris(6-9 sets)
    Tues - Legs(12-18 sets), Calves(5 sets)
    Wed - OFF
    Thur - Back(12-16 sets), Bis(6-9 sets)Traps(4-6 sets)
    Fri - Shoulders(12-16 sets)

Each time you workout make sure you make every rep count and you focus totally on the "feeling" of the muscle that is working. Doing this, along with proper diet and rest, will surely shoot you in the right direction!
    Good luck man! Keep me updated on any concerns or just let me know if you like the routine!
    I was thinking about doing spits but still using using compounds.

Monday
    Chest / Back
    Flat Bench 3 sets
    Incline 3 sets
    Decline or cable cross over 3 set
    BB bent over row 3 sets
    T-bar 3sets
    Pull-ups 3sets

Wed
    Legs / Bi
    Squats (changed bi weekly with deads) 3sets
    Lunges 3sets
    EZ standing bar curls 3sets
    DB hammers 3 sets
    Grip strength Heavy weighted bar pull 3sets

Fri
    Shoulders / tris

BB M-Press 3sets
    BB upright row 3sets
    Arnold DB shoulder presses 3 sets
    Skullcrushers 3sets
    close grip bench presses 2sets

This is what i was thinking of for a split still using compounds. What do you think ? I came up with this really fast so there is nothing written in stone but this is my thought pattern

I might change back and put that with legs. I don't want my lower back to be sore when doing heavy squats maybe.

Chest tri

Legs back

Shoulders bi

Thanks for reply. I will respond tomorrow , bed time.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    that fact that you chest press MORE than you squat tells you need to kick up the leg routine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    that fact that you chest press MORE than you squat tells you need to kick up the leg routine
    I am currently chest pressing with DB's at 85lbs each (highest gym DB goes).
    My Max squat right now is around 245lbs. I saw what was in my log and it must have been an "off day" for squats that day. I have notice that i am tired a lot of the days so maybe it is overtraining. Some days i could move a house, others i can hardly get to the gym.

JuiceHead25 is offline New Member
    i think you might be overtraining..
    chest and tri is good
    legs and back i dont think works because you use so much energy on both that you wont get a good enough workout in one of the other so try legs by themselves
    Back and bis together
    shoulders by themselves

Thread Information