Thread: Knee Problems!!

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member

Knee Problems!!

Hey Guys....
    I recently started working out this last week (2 weeks after the end of my seson) and I have started up my powerlifting stuff again.. The thing that sucks is that near the bone that sticks out like a bumb below my knee cap Im getting alot of pain and tenderness. It basically feels like some one kicked me in the knees... So you think this is normal start up pain and it will go away soon or do you think it could be tendon problems??? Thanks
    BIGTEX

eagle66 is offline Junior Member
    i dont know but my knees always hurt after squats cleans and deadlifts. i heard glucosamine will help with joint pain but i dont know if that means tendons too.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    IMO it sounds like you could have a bit of inflamation around the joint. I'd try to ice the area a few times a day, up to 3 times a day if your schedule allows it, and like it was suggested, take your glucosamine and if the problem persists you might want to look into an anti-inflamitory from your doc

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    It sounds like it could be a tendon problem. When you squat try to sit back and not down this will decrease the tension on the patella tendon.

Go to www.elitefts.com and read up on the box squat articles. Then try giving box squats a shot. Chances are your knee problems will be gone in a few weeks.

xxxl83

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for tha info guys...
    Tex

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    i say if it doesn't go away in a week or two go to the Doc. It couldn't hurt. You'd rather get it checked out incase its somehting bad. Good luck bro

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I used to have knee pain. When I squat or do leg presses, my knee caps shift from left to right. To work around that, buy a small ball or roll up a towel or lifting belt and squeeze that between your knees. When you squeeze the ball between your knees it keeps your knee caps in straight alignment. Eventually, the muscles surrounding the area will get stronger and you'll no longer need the ball. Try it and see if it works for you.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Jphill1301 is offline Junior Member
    Knees, I know all about knees, being a D1 football player i've had 6 knee surgery's. Going thourgh all of that I've learned quit a bit because I've had most of it. Just try and tell me what exactly hurts, what it feels like and where it hurts, you don't have to be tech. just say below the knee cap or under it. Below of course meaning patella tendon. I'll let you know what's goin on and what needs to be done with the info you provide

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I have the same type of knee pain too. Whenever I try to lift myself up from a kneeling position of any kind, I can hardly stand up. It hurts right above the knee joint. I've given up on squats alltogether, because of the pain it causes me. Any ideas?

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I have knee pains only occassionally, even when I wrap them. But I've had 2 microscopic surgeries on my left knee, due to my heavy powerlifting workouts over the years.

You may want to have that looked at by a doctor. Chances are, you'll have to have an M.R.I to find something. If it's torn legiments or cartiledge, look forward to a few months out of commission.

As much as I didn't want to hear that, I know your right.

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    i just got back from the doctor because i was having the same kind of pain and he just said to strech more.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

Originally posted by Jimmy_Bravo
    I have the same type of knee pain too. Whenever I try to lift myself up from a kneeling position of any kind, I can hardly stand up. It hurts right above the knee joint. I've given up on squats alltogether, because of the pain it causes me. Any ideas?
    My last (& 2nd) knee operation was done in 1994. It was then that the doctor told me to "lay off of powerlifting for good and concentrate only on bodybuilding". But being married to the sport for so long, I couldn't see that happening.
    But eversince then, I've eliminated full squats from my legs training and instead began doing partial and or half squats. That way, it's less staneous on the knees. So you may want to consider that.

I'll give that a try

Thread Information