rexkishi is offline New Member

decline D.B. bench

i was talking to a guy and he told me that he read some where that decline D.B. bench is a huge pec builder? i rarely do decline only like twice a year (seriously) should i start to work it more? is this a true statment? thanks yall

eagle66 is offline Junior Member
    i work all the major pec movements . flat decline and incline . i think they all have equal importance in building chest.

Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member
    I know that they are all equally important but which movement, if there is any specific one, works your pec major most efficiently?

DATY Fanatic is offline Junior Member
    This is a good question. I'd love to see more people comment on this one. I don't really know...but I heard that it is not necessary to do decline bench with every chest workout. Maybe every other chest day or even once a month. Also depending on the training split, ie chest/tri's together. Dips hit the lower pecs as do push-downs...some more than others depending on form.

This might be old thinking...I thought the best mass builder for chest is basic flat bench with barbell whereas dumbells help strength.

Blah Blah Blah...I really just should have said "bump!"

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    No way dude declines are inportant to get the cleft on your lower pec's. I htink they are just as important as inclines. Inclies build the top half and declines build your lower half. thats why the chest get such a big work out, soooo many areas to work out. start incorporating declines man, you'll se and feel a difference.

skid is offline Banned
    'sup guys ... brand new to this forum and I thought I'd get started by adding my 2¢

I agree with Darkknight and eagle ... lately I've been hitting my upper pecs to fill them in to the lowers (lots of incline presses and flyes) ... the following day only the upper hurts, not the lower, so I reckon you should see the opposite happen with the lowers by doing declines

DATY poses an interesting question on barbells vs dumbells ... I just thought weight was weight ... any input?

PS. Great Board!

Well I'm certainly willing to take Darknight's word for it. I usually hit flat bench dumbells, incline, crossovers, etc really hard on chest day. Then again I certainly wouldn't describe my lower pecs as amazing, but pretty good. I think I'll add decline to my regular routine and see what happens.

As for the barbells vs. dumbells question. That was simply a theory that I heard or maybe even read. I tend to alternate between the two. The movements ARE slightly different particularly in regards to range of motion. I think trick might have something to do with balance.

Then there's Bigkev's routine. It's been the same for years and he's huge! So what the hell do I know?

Originally posted by DATY Fanatic
    Well I'm certainly willing to take Darknight's word for it. I usually hit flat bench dumbells, incline, crossovers, etc really hard on chest day. Then again I certainly wouldn't describe my lower pecs as amazing, but pretty good. I think I'll add decline to my regular routine and see what happens.

As for the barbells vs. dumbells question. That was simply a theory that I heard or maybe even read. I tend to alternate between the two. The movements ARE slightly different particularly in regards to range of motion. I think the trick might have something to do with balance.

Then there's Bigkev's routine. It's been the same for years and he's huge! So what the hell do I know?

Apparently not much as I just hit the wrong botton and quoted myself.

Nice!

Thread Information