bizznach is offline Associate Member

!!!!!! head injury please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was lifting on friday i was doing cleans after i ahd done dead lifts and i was on my 10th rep at a moderate weight. i went to pull hard to get it up and somthing in my head went it wasnt a pop, it was like a release of blood or somthing but i had an instant terrible headache so bad that i could not stand. i crawled to a bench and sat down till it eased a little but it was way to bad to continue so i went home. i had a headache for 3 straight days. i tried to lift on the 4th day and the same thing happen about the 10th rep (bench ) baamm my head was killin me. here is the scary part a similer thing happen to my dad about 20 years ago and he has not been able to work out since. i am 17 and he is 45. workin out is my life and i would die with out it so please help me out w/ ne sugestion of what i should do. i have a mri schedualed for monday but my dad has spent tens of thousands of dolars trying to figure out what was wrong w/ his head so i dont think an mri will help. ne even strange suggestions are welcome ....thanx
    Last edited by bizznach; 06-01-2002 at 10:52 AM.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Bro...please whatever you do, dont take this lightly, I say this especially of your age. I'm still reconvering as we speak from post-concussive syndrom and having to sit out this football season because of this. If your doc wants you to have an MRI.....get one, you never know it could very well find something, I know I felt alot better after I had mine done and it came back looking good. I'm only 20 and I've been told that if I were to take another good solid shot or 2 to head this season, I could be fine, OR it could be lights out for yours truly. I would try to adjust your program to work around your symptoms and pain and try to see a neurologist about this. Even though you say that training is your life (and hey for alot of bro's here on AR including myself it is!!) you have to push your heart aside, swallow a bitter glass of pride and remember that your have to use your head for the rest of your life....just my two cents, good luck!!

thanx bro ya i am gona get that mri and i am also a football player. i hope this doesnt prevent me from playing football or else no college for me=(

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Keep us posted and see a doc ASAP!!! Good Luck Bro

oh ya and i feel i little .....not all there and like i might not be as cordinated as i normaly am.

Sounds very similar to they way I felt on a daily basis about 5 months ago. When you see a doc, maybe ask about a drug called "Amitriptyline"...I certainly helped me out alot, and help out my insomnia alot as well

thanx bro i wrote that down and will deffinatly ask.

bump

bump

I'd also try to stay away from alot of stimulants right now, such as alcohol, alot of caffeine, and ephedrine until you find out whats that prob

good lookin out fullback57 i tried to work out again yesterday i was ok for the first 3 sets of bench i wasnt going till failure then on the forth set i was at about my 10 or 11 rep of 225 as i was about to fail and i was straning and then my head went on me again terrible headache instanly. so im not gona lift till i get my mri wish me luck

good luck with everything bizznach.....

THANX FOR ALL YALLS CONCERNS I WENT TO THE DOC AND GOT MY MRI THEY SAID THAT I HAD AN INFLAMED NASAL PASAGES AND BEHIND MY EYES WERE INFLAMED. SO THEY PUT ME ON FLOWNASE, AND CLARITON AND IVE BEEN BACK LIFTING NOW WITHOUT A PROB. THEY SAID I COULD HAVE MESSED SOME OF THE VESSELS UP IN THE W/ ALLTHE BLOOD RUSHING TO MY HEAD BUT IT WAS NOT SERIOUSE. IT WAS JUST MY BAD ALERGIES AND THE PRESSURE AND I SHOULD BE OK NOW. .....THANKS ....BIZZ

PHSyKoTiK is offline New Member

good

health isnt something to be taken for granted....good call on the MRI...

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Good deal man, glad to hear everything is going to be ok!

After I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I was in the gym straining really hard, and I actually busted the thin layer of skin between my sinus and the roof of my mouth. All this mucus sh1t dumped in my mouth, I almost puked. Had to go to the doc, and they stitched it up, and I had to go easy on the weight for a couple of weeks while the wisdom teeth wounds healed.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Sorry I didn't reply to this one sooner, guys, but I saw it for the first time today.

Fullback57, glad you were here - you provided some outstanding feedback to bizznach.

Bizznach, your doc did the right thing, and I'm glad the MRI turned out that way. Claritin and Flonase are the way to go. But, if you are taking Claritin-D (the one with a decongestant), remember that it contains pseudoephedrine, which is a stimulant - therefore, be careful if you do an ECA stack. If you are takign regular Claritin (which does not have the pseudoephedrine), no sweat.

Seasonal allergies have seen an enormous increase in the U.S. over the past few years, and that combined with the inflammation explains your loss of equilibrium. The combination of Claritin and FLonase will make a big difference, but if you feel any further symptoms, make sure you lighten up the workout and see the doctor again just in case they missed anything.

Thread Information