Thread: skinny arms

rexkishi is offline New Member

skinny arms

hey guys thank you for all the responses but i have another ? i have skinny arms they are about 16.5-17, ot bad but if i stand in a mirror facing it my arms are skinny. if you understand what i mean, because i am having a hard time explaining it, what could i do for it? any specific excircises? i do some tri kick backs and different curls but i am just wondering about anymore? thank you all

Sema is offline Associate Member
    17 inch isnt exactly skinny

neo1605 is offline Banned
    I agree if you have 17inch arms and you think that they are skinny, it's in your head.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    My arms measure 18", and I get the same feeling, rex. From the front they look very narrow, but from the side they look good. People tell me I am not small, but I have this never ending feeling that I am.

rexkishi is offline New Member
    thanks padawan at least now i know i am not the only one..

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    No rex your not. I mean mine are 15.5 so if your feeling bad with your 17 imagine how bad i feel. I esp have it bad becaue my chest bulks up easily. so my chest is big my shoulders are ok and compared to that my arms look skinny as hell. It tick me off. I work my arms out someitmes harder then my chest. Ihave started to do thi excerscice whcih works really good.

you take the barbell. you have to start out light to see what you can o. i start of with just the bar (45lbs). Get some firend to spot ui incase it gest too heavy. Set a target amount of reps. ex: i do 10 reps. All you have to do is curl the bar up then come down reallly slow. i use 10 seconds. so come down slow as hell. Just count 10,9, 8 etc at one you should have the bar down to your legs. the min you say one and drop the bar, curl it right back up. NO REST. for me after the 4th rep i need a mspoter to lift the bar up for me. It really works your arms to the limit. I cannot even drive my ar after that. I could not even curl 5 pounds. lol. i had to wait ten min till some strength came back. Its a good excerscice try it. my arms have been looking alitle better. But seriosuly don't cheat witht his cause its not gonna work. sometimes i have to stand against a poll so i don't bend my back. and no not take too much rest. the min you come down tell your sootter right back up. it starts to hurt sometiems. my friends laugh cause it looks like i am crying. lol but they say my arms loook huge as hell while i am doing it. hope this helkped

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    yeah well my pipes are like 16.5 and dude hammers and tri. over head extensions make me feel huge in the gym, do 'em in super sets 3x10
    peace

Nathan5252 is offline New Member
    i feel the exact same bout my arms, but mine are only 14" for now, but ya i get the same thing ppl tellin me there huge, but they look pretty narrow, is there anyting taht can help make 'em a bit wider?

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    well mine r 15" and i weigh 230 and u all r making me fell like im a skinny bitch

Nathan5252 is offline New Member
    ya, same it helps to motivate me

BigD is offline Associate Member
    True 17" is not skinny but I think what your trying to say is you have a good peak to your bicep but it's not very wide.

So you might want to try changing your grip when doing Bicep workouts, try using a wide grip on anything you can. I also believe Hammer Curls will help as well.

Jphill1301 is offline Junior Member
    Triceps make up 2/3 of your upper arms mass. So if wanna get the look of big arms, really hammer the triceps. But don't forget about the bi's. For bulk its always best to do heavy weight. You can't fail with straight. Try to go 12-15 for 4 sets as heavy as you can, but keep strick form only gettin loose on your last rew reps. I always get a good pump from preacher bench cable curls.

canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member
    I think what it is, is what most of us suffer from... Bigorexia, we see ourselves every day in the mirror and keep thinking that should be bigger and so on. Were the most critical people of ourselves, but hey it keeps us motivated. I always think i look small when i look at myself when others think i look huge my arms are 17.5 and totally defined but im always saying damn my arms look small. Maybe once they hit the 19 - 20" mark ill be happy we'll see if i can get there being natural, i hope so.

Agreed canadian_mofo. My wife tells me the same thing. I just look in the mirror and see room for improvement. Maybe I need to have some skinny guy stand in my bathroom so I can compare myself to him

Yeah too true canadian. Everyone i always telling me. Your big look at you. All i can say is who the hell r u looking at? r u blind? lol

My cousin is always telling me, your big enough big enough cut up now. but to me i don't think i look that much bigger from the firt day i picked up that dumbel and started lifting.

Builder15 is offline Junior Member
    The secret to making your arms look bigger from the front and from the side, basically making your arms bigger in general is working your forearms. You have to have good strong forearms to promote growth in the arm especailly your bicep. If you train your forearms like any other muscle group you should notice major improvement in the size of your arms. Many people neglect their forearms and wonder why they cant get their arms to grow. So work those forearms, and watch your arms grow!

good stuff builder. I only work my forreamrs like once aevery three months. lol. i will satrt to more thoguh

ZTEM is offline Associate Member
    bro, i have 15inch arms....but they look the same from all sides, thats probably what the problem is...cause 17 is not a small arm...that is my honest goal to reach from working out....

You probably dont work both parts of them....ie do wide grip for preacher curl and close grip for standing bar curls...vice versa...work the inside and the outside....it will make it rounder, as well help it grow a bit...thats the only reason a 17 inch arm would look little from the front

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    I use to have the same problem. I got mine to widen by killing them with skull crushers for the tri's and concentration curls for the width. I don't know how true it is but I was alway's told that movements to the front help with vertical size, movements towards the body help with width?

Damn see i used to do that stuff like wide grip and narrow grip curls, but after a month or two it never helped so i stopped. I think i am gonna start incorporating them.

how does this sound:
    Wide grps barbell curl: 3 sets 6 reps
    Hammer curls: 4 sets 6 reps each
    Concentration curls: 4 sets: 6 reps
    Narrow grip 4 sets 6 reps each
    Barbell burnouts

Blast the shit out of my arms. leave tris for another day

Probably too many sets for your bi's. I do straight bar curls, heavy weight to failure, some kind of dumbell movement, and then some kind of concentration (preachers, etc). 9 sets total, and that might even be a little much...

Damn Yout hink i am doing too much for my arms??? I was htinking off lessening to 3 exce then burning out. and then i just keep rotating the excerscises. BUt see i love working my arms. thats whay i dooo soo many. and they look small compared to the rest of my body. Once i get some pics on here you guys will see. i have a huge frame yah know. and my chet is really wide so it makes my arms look small. thats why i always try and work the hit out of them. yet i never am in there for more then 45 - an hour. Yah know.

Oh and wehn i was doing the narrow grip i had this wierd feeling in my forearms when i out the bar down. like i almost broke my arms. It was wierd as hell. i mean the wieght wa snot that much but it felt like it i went 5 morre reps they would have broke off.

tryingtogain is offline Member
    my arms look hella skinny to but if i flip my arms around and look at the forearm side they are not or not as skinny

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    dude 17 iche guns are not skinney by any means unless u weigh 240 lbs of muscle

i am 5'5 182 lbs and my guns measure a 16.5 inches i dont think my arms look skinney but everyone tells me they are big, i always react the same way to ll of them by saying they arnt actually that big they appear larger cuz i am of a shorter stature. try wide grip and narrow grip to get both peak and thickness.

pusher is offline New Member
    hi guys
    whats the best way to get thickness?
    I train arms like this....
    tri's bi's tri's bi's tri's bi's...
    I do 1 warm up set (20 reps) then 10 8 6 and on the last one when i get to 6 i drop the weight to failure.
    some days starting with bi's..

Hammer curls will add width.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    Well 17" arms are a good size. However, maybe they look small to you because the surrounding muscles have grown alot faster. That is the case with me. I have 16.5" arms, not bad, but I'm 205lbs. and have bigger shoulders, and pecs by comparison. My problem though, was that I didn't train my bi's as much as the rest of my body. I've changed that now though.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Tris, Tris, Tris!

Thread Information