Thread: Hey

the_dog_dlite is offline New Member

Hey

Hey fellas, first time posting!

I was just wondering if there is any help any of you can give me on a few things, one is that i'm 20 years old and I was very fat as a teenager, and i've lost a fairbit of weight, I weigh about 175lbs, I was wondering if any of you know the best way to lost that flab :P, cos it's pissin me off and I've had it bein fattish and I wanna get in shape and look great :P, I have been doing a fair few weights, not for that long though I can benchpress about 160lbs, The main things I do are bicep curls situps and pushups thats about it, I dont have much access to any gym equipment anyway, Just wanted to know if any of you know a good way of getting bulky with muscle

Oh and will smoking effect how easy it is to develope muscles or anything?

Cheers

Fatty:P
    Last edited by the_dog_dlite; 06-04-2002 at 09:47 AM.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Rome wasnt built in a day budy..Keep reading.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Cardio, a clean diet, good workout routine, and sleep. Join a gym if you can. Like Ryanhallmark said, it won't happen overnight. It takes hard work and the desire to reach your goals. Good luck bro and welcome to AR. PM me if you ever need help with anything. And the search option on this website will be your best friend...check it out...all the answers are there if you look! And again, welcome aboard....

Thanks fellas, I know it takes time...

And i'm not very bright but, Whats this Cardio..? (=\) Like I know what u mean but is there some way i'm meant to improve it? How?

And I have a good diet.. And I work out atleast 3 times a week, and i've been doing it for about 6 months..

Cheers
    Last edited by the_dog_dlite; 06-05-2002 at 03:07 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by the_dog_dlite
    And i'm not very bright but, Whats this Cardio..? (=\)
    Cardiovascular training = any activity that raises your heart rate and speeds up your metabolism. Ex. walking, running, stair climbing, cross training, biking, etc.....

BigD is offline Associate Member
    If possible I would suggest joining a gym. If that gym offers you should probably opt for a few personal training sessions to help you out with the basics.

After you have the means, I would work on developing the knowledge. Buy some bodybuilding books for beginners or subscribe to a couple bodybuilding magazines.

The more you know the better and bigger you will get. It will take Time, Dedication, and Knowledge.

Hehe, thanks fellas.... I'll start going to the gym more often.

Just 2 more quick questions, which noone seemed to answer one :P?

Will smoking affect the developement of muscle growth?

And when doing weights should I start off light and get heavier with more weight?

Cheers

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if smoking affects muscle growth but it sure as hell it affects your cardio so I'd cut back if possible. Use common sense when lifting for the first time. The gym is no place to show off. Take it easy the first couple of weeks so that your body adjusts to the changes and stress being put on it. Then listen to your body and go from there. No sense in killing yourself the first week since it takes years to develope a proper physique.

Thread Information