Flaco is offline Associate Member

Instinctive Training

Has anybody here gotten good results training by instinct.I find doing the same regimen for a few weeks extremely boring.Is there really anything wrong with going to the gym on chest day and doing 4 sets of flat and 3 sets of incline,etc and then next week I do some supersets or w.e.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    you have to alter/change workouts often, but stick to a program to see results
    peace

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Bump

Arnold said every workout session was completely different than the other.Come on more replies

jbrand is offline Member

Re: Bump

Originally posted by Flaco
    Arnold said every workout session was completely different than the other.Come on more replies
    If I did what I wanted to do at the gym you would never see me by the squat rack. I find it necessary to know what my regimen is before going to the gym to achieve a certain mental preperation, a "zone" so to speak.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    You body is extremely adaptive to its environment. So doing the same workout on the same day at the same time week after week will allow your body to adapt to it. Therefore it is very important to continue to "shock" your body. Most times something as simple as doing the same exercises but on a different day will give good results.

1st find a good routine that you like and gives you results. After time goes by and you feel you are no longer seeing results try shuffling up the days. You can also add things like supersets or burnout sets into your workout for added shock.

However I would suggest always having an outlined plan as to what you are going to do. I wouldn't suggest walking into the gym and just doing whatever.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I always train instinctively. I couldn't do it any other way. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm going to do before I hit the gym-this I've found is what works best for me.

Thread Information