Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member

Just a question to clerify

hey i just wanted to ask a quick question here.

I had done the pyramid sets befor 15, 10,8,6,4 for the longest time. now for the past couple of months i have been doing 3-4 sets of 10 reps each. For bullking is that goood. cause i see everyone when they are replying to posts about bulking the always say 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps. is that better for bulking up? should i change my routine?

cause i know to cut up you do higher rep. but for the bulking should my sets be like : 10,8,6 and osmetimes a 4?

or is just liek whatever suits your body? cause when i did that 15,10,8,6,4 thing i don't think it built me up to much, but i think thats cause there were too many reps in there. what do you guys think.

thanks

J

BigD is offline Associate Member
    When you say your doing 3-4 sets of 10 reps each is each rep at the same weight?

Because I believe if on your starting weight you can do 10 reps and on your final weight you can do 10 reps you are not going heavy enough.

oh no i incrase. what i do is i start off with a wieght say 50lb dumbels i then do 55 then 60 then say i think ok i cannot get the 65 ups for 10 i stick witht he 60's oin the last set. but i do go up in wieght. or if i start too heavy then i just lessen the reps. you know . I actually hould start keeping a log of what weights i put up cause i barely remeber, (except for some excersicieses) But what i mean is if i start off too heavy an only get 8 reps i stiuck to those 8 reps increasing in weight. hope that helps D

thanks

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    For bulking I'd go with a warm up set of 15 or so and then do 4 sets of no more than 4-6 reps. Keep the weight hi and get a spotter to really push you on the last couple of sets.

so the less reps the better, 10 is too high?

So i should be going at 4 sets for 6 reps? ok. i'll try rtarting otmm i get off the meds. So i gotta wait till tomm. but thanks

oh one last qustion so when people do thoise pyramids like 12, 10 8, yah know what does tht do?

Thread Information