Thread: question

shanedoan2 is offline New Member

question

how many excersises should be performed per muscle group, and how many sets per excersise. thanks for the help...

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Depends on what your goals are at the gym. What are your stats and goals?

BigD is offline Associate Member
    True there is no set number of set's per body part, just as there is no "one" routine that everybody uses. Although from what I’m reading BigKev's routine is trying to take that position as "the one"

Buy some bb books and magazines and start to build a routine that you like and works for you. Most every magazine has a workouts for a certain body part in them. I bought a book called bodybuilding 101 when I first started. Every body is different, in time you will learn yours.

shanedoan2 is offline New Member
    i am 19 years old 6' tall and 200 lbs. my body fat is around 15%. i want to get big. that is my primary goal. i just want to put on muscle, for the time being. i was doing 6-8 excersises per muscle group 3 sets each. but i was told thats too much, and i should only do 4 excersises, 3-4 sets each., by the way, i have have been working out for 4 years on and off and for the last year i have been working out steadily. thanks for your input guys.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I do 6 exercises for each muscle group at 3 sets each. Reps of 12-10-8....Just be careful doing that many exercises...work your way up to it.

Thread Information