Farmer is offline Member

*Cutting* Need advice on my workout Please

*The post is kinda long so I'll sum it up for people who don't wanna read it*
    -I am cutting, lifting hasn't change from bulking or anything and I want advice on if I Should change things up because I am overtraining or on the verge of OT-

Now read...

Whats ups everyone, I've been cutting down for the past month and its going well. The only problem is I have this dilemma. Before I started cutting and was just bulking pretty much I read and heard a lot of places when you cut down don't change your set/rep range or anything do it all the same, the weight you will be lifting will probably be lower but thats the only difference. Well...I have been doing that and I lift balls to the wall on every body part. For example, when I am lifting I feel like I am lifting to gain muscle (if that makes any sense) like I was on a bulking diet or something. So what the deal is I get sore from every damn workout and by mid-week I am tired because I do cardio 3x a week in the morning and once on the weekends. My question is should I change up my workout routine since I am cutting? like higher reps, lower weight? Stay the same as I am now just cut back on the sets? PLEASE HELP ME...any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

peace

BTW my split is
    Mon- Chest
    Tues- Back
    Wed- Shoulders
    Thurs- Legs
    Fri- Arms

Farmer is offline Member
    bump

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    you should change up your workout
    cardio 3x's a week is good but you said your tired mid week that sounds like your doing too much

Farmer is offline Member
    Yeah, I was thinking of keeping my workout the same but stop going to failure like I have been doing. Im working out like I was bulking, failure like everytime.

peace

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    Personaaly I go to 12-15 reps because this way you burn more fuel and I believe it tones my muscles better. You can concentrate on correct technique getting perfrctly formed muscles rather than massive unequal ones. Cutting should be atime of perfect form. Make sure that by the 15th you are at failure though.JMO

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    you wanna cut up, go on a pre-contest diet, then tell me if anything else comes close to the cutting power of that, lol.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    What is your diet?

I know I used to have to same problem while cutting but I always do low carb diets for cutting. I added some extra carbs to my diet and the problem went away.

Farmer is offline Member
    8:30 Breakfast- 3/4 cup oatmeal with a 2 scoop protein shake in ff milk with 5gr of glut
    11- 2 scoop opt whey protein shake in water
    12:30- chicken breast or tuna fish w/ sweet potato
    1:30-2:45 workout
    postworkout shake- 2 scoops opt whey, 5 gram glut, 50gr malto/50gr dext
    45min after post shake- 1/2 to 3/4 cup oatmeal
    7:15- 2 scoop protein shake with water
    Dinner 9:00- Chicken breast, broccoli sweet potato
    10:15- 1 scoop shake in ff milk with flaxseed oil and 5 gr glut

hope this helps BigD, thanks

peace

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    When I'm cutting I'll do my warm up sets, then instead of doing my usual starting at max weight and working down through about 5 sets. I'll do 2 sets of my max weight then switch it to 3-4 sets of lighter weight with reps anywhere between 12-20. That way I'm testing my max every week so that i can make adjustments if I feel I'm loosing to much muscle, and I'm getting a really heavy burn and a fast paced form for the lighter sets.

Thread Information