tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

If you have to miss a workout, what's the best way to make it up?

Over the last 6 weeks in particular (these 6 are more important than usual), I have had to skip a day of working out because of work. It sucks-I know, but sometimes making a living dictates all else.

The first time I missed a workout, I combined complete workouts the next day-back and shoulders. I did two complete workouts at one time and it lasted a little over 2 hours. My routine is very similar to bigkev's workout, with a few slight changes. I don't feel the workout was as intense as usual and afterwards I felt like SH!T. I stayed feeling bad all the way into the next day's workout, which I feel suffered also. Doing it this way it seemed like 3 body parts suffered.

The second time I missed a workout, I combined workouts again and just did 3 sets instead of 4 and I was able to maintain a pretty intense workout-obiously not normal, but still pretty intense. This workout lasted a little more than 1.5 hours. I still felt like someone had wooped my ass with a bat, but not near as bad. The following day's workout seemed to go pretty normal as well, which seemed good because only 2 body parts were cheated.

Here's my question: What is the best way to make up for missing a workout. I really don't won't to just skip that body part all together. The way I did it the first time seemed to jeopardize 3 workouts all together, so I don't really like that. But maybe you can get used to it? Probably would be hard if only missing a workout every now and then. I know the best answer is to simply not miss a workout, but I don't always have that option. Please share with me some suggestions on what you guys and gals do to make up a workout as effectively as possible.

Thanks in advance AR friends.

peace,

ttgb

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    AHHHhhhhhhh! I got ya. My "chest day" doesn't "HAVE" to be on Mondays! I used to do the "push one day, pull the next" type of workout and that is what I would do then when I missed a day - just do the workout like I hadn't missed a day. You are a very wise man diesel! lol But seriously, thanks for the advice. Makes a whole hellofa lot more sense than my logic.

peace,

ttgb

Thread Information