andm22 is offline New Member

Do you have this problem?

I've started to have shoulder pain lately since i've started to really hit my shoulders hard. It had been tolerable for a while but then when i went to do chest last night my shoulders started to hurt bad. The thing is they don't hurt now or when i move them all around, they only hurt when i immitate them movement of the behind neck pulldown or when i push off things in a certain way( i can like push off a wall etc. but sometimes its just at that certain angle like pushing to sit up). Does anyone else have this similar problem, what could it be?

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    sorry man i have a differnt problem with mys houlders. But how long has it been hurting bad for. It oculd just be you have not given it time to heal. Yah know. get some good rest. maybe take a week off from chest and shoulders. or go really light just for a week or two. It if persists go see a doc. You might have a pinched nerve. but it prob just needs to rest

jbrand is offline Member
    Sounds like torn ligaments or perhaps a rotator cuff injury. You don't want to avoid a rotator cuff injury thus making the strength imbalance greater. Read up on some rotator cuff exercises, and maybe get some x-rays done.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I dont know what could be wrong but I would advise you stop doing anymore exercises that involve the injured shoulder until you go to the doctor and find out what's wrong.

andm22 is offline New Member
    well i've read up on some material, one problem that i might have is a muscle imbalace, i never usually work my rear delts. It's like a sharp pain especially when i lower the weights from DB shoulder presses.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I screwed up my rotator cuff a couple of years ago, and it still bothers me to this day. Good stretching, before, during, and after seems to help me the best.

Thread Information