bmfwalton is offline New Member

over training???

I was reading a few magazines and been looking at different routines and it seems like most people train about 4 days a week. I usually train 6 to 7 days a week! Mostly 6. If for some reason I only train 5 days a week (not by choice) it feels like I am being lazy. I work out 1 bodypart each day. I eat all the time and on a good diet, but the more I read it seems like I work out to much. Would more days off be better? It just doesn't add up right in my head!

mando is offline Associate Member
    if u are making good gains , then why change , personally 6 days works jus fine for me ... when i stop making gains its mostly due to the fact that i'm not eating alot .

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    5 days for me, personally i think i could go everyday, but my girlfreind seems to thing otherwise... ok ok she doesn't like it. wtf

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you're only training 1 bodypart per day, then as long as you've split correctly, and get enough sleep you won't overtrain. Just don't follow up your pec workout with delts or triceps. Nor your lats with biceps, and you'll be fine.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    don't worry about it, as long as your muscles are recovered before next workout when using that body part, i work out 6 or 7 days a week, but tke 2 days off a week from lifting.
    peace

i work out 5 days a week using a split rountine and im totally fine so no worries bro... you knwo what they say if it ant broke dont fix it

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    like i've posted before i was stuck at 220lbs area for a couple of years training at 4 to 5 days per week---i dropped to 3 days per week with an occasional extra 4th day and now i'm 242 at 5'10" and took me 1 and 1/2 years(fastet i've ever grown).
    i feel like dropping my days made me miss the gym so i trained better my training days plus i got plenty of rest which isa when you grow. i also got stronger my bench went to 445 and squated 550 for 3
    if your clean i believe you should train 3 to 4 days per week and if your on 4 days per week with each--1 body part trained 1 x per week

Billmister is offline Member
    yeah i would agree with bumbbells101. if your getting enough resp and train them right, i don't see any reason why it's overtrain. I personally train 5 day's a week now. I used to do 6 day's a week. Monday-Sat. and if i missed sat, then i would do sunday. Now i'm on a cycle, i really want to rest my muslce's good. I train 2 body parts a day. and rest sat and sun.

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    I like Mon Wed and Friday for lifting at evening and Teus Thur Sat Sun cardio on empty stomach in the morning.
    I am changing it though to a split routine now thoughrhat my goals have been met.
    Mon:Chest-Bi's
    Teus-legs stomach cardio
    wed- off
    Thurs- Shoulders-tri's
    Fri- Back stomach cardio
    Sat- Active Rest day cardio in morning on empty stomach
    Sunday-off off off

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah if your making good gains, then ur fine. Listen to your boody. SOme poeple need 2 days off. I htink i could lift everyday, but it usually never works out like that. Usually 5 - 6 days. I think it is good to give your body one or two days rest, from EVERYthing. yah know, but agaiun everyone is different

bmfwalton is offline New Member
    Thanks for all the info you guys!!!!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I have argued this point many times. I have trained 5 days a week for years and have had many claim that I over train ect. ect. These are useually from the crowd who belives in that everything in moderation crap that I hear so much about. If it's working for you bud, don;t change a thing.
    IC

Thread Information