heytheresmoker is offline Junior Member

HARD GAINER who needs to GAIN

whats up bros...im 6'2 150lbs and 19years old...i started out using Arnold's beginner workout thats in his book...i have been doing that for about 4 months now and put on 10lbs...i was talking to some trainer at the gym and he said that the routine is for someone who is on AS..he said that i shouldnt use the workout anymore because im not recovering like i should...this is what he said for me to do...please let me know what you guys think...thankx

Day 1 - Chest (once per week) 4 sets each exercise
    Flat bench 4-6 repetitions
    Incline Bench 4-6 repetitions
    Peck Deck Machine 6-10 repetitions
    Dips 6-8 repetitions

Day 2 - Back (once per week) 4 sets each exercise
    Pull downs or pull ups
    Wide grip, behind the neck 6-8 repetitions
    Wide grip, in front of neck 6-8 repetitions
    Close Grip Pull downs 6-8 repetitions
    Seated Rows (machine) 6-8 repetitions
    Dumbbell Rows (optional) 6-8 repetitions

Day 3 - Rest!

Day 4 - Biceps(once per week) 4 sets each exercise
    Seated dumbbell curls 6-8 reps on each arm
    Preacher curls 6-8 repetitions
    Cable Curls 6-8 repetitions
    Independent Cable curls 6-8 repetitions

Day 4 - Triceps (once per week) 4 sets each exercise
    Nose Breakers 6-8 repetitions
    Cable Extensions V-Bar 6-8 repetitions
    Cable Extensions Straight Bar 6-8 repetitions
    Triceps Machine 6-8 repetitions

Day 5 - Legs (once per week) 4 sets each exercise
    Squats 6-8 repetitions 4 sets
    Hack Squats 6-8 repetitions 3 sets
    Knee extensions 6-8 repetitions 2 sets
    Hamstring Curls 6-8 repetitions 2 sets
    Calf Raises 10-15 reps 4 sets
    You may work calves every day or every other day, as they are hard to build.

Daily - Abdominal Muscle Training
    You can work abs every day, even when they’re sore.
    Hanging knee raises 20 reps 4 sets
    Decline sit up crunches with twist 20 reps 4 sets
    Oblique rotary machine 20 reps 4 sets L & R

LightSnack is offline New Member
    did I miss something or did he totally leave out Shoulders?
    Gotta crush those delts bro or your arms won't look right.. and shoulders

Also I'd throw in some cardio

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    not too much cardio, i'd go for mass at that weight. that is still too many sets and reps IMO. 12 sets for big body parts with same number of rep scheme, 9 sets for small bodyparts, with same rep scheme.

large bodyparts= legs, chest, back,
    small= shoulders, tris, bis, forearms, abs,calves, traps, and if you need it, neck

yea i forgot to add that i do sholders during legs...but all the things there are good or should i change something

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    IMO for skinny guys Its all in the diet....up the carbs and protien to 1-2grms protien per pound and 3-4 grms of Carbs per pound is what helps my skinny ass grow!

yea im doing that now but i also need a better routine to workout with..

ValeTudo is offline New Member
    Coming from a guy that used to wiegh in at a whopping 140lbs and stands 6ft I'll tell you what worked for me. I am the extremely skinny lean body type. what started packing on the QUALITY pounds was all in the diet. I started to eat more and more. I start out with a protien shake and a bowl of instant oatmeal and some fruit when I get up for work (5:30am) then at 9:00 I down a big tuna pack (the pouched albacore) w/ a little lemon and pepper and another helping of fruit. 10am it's time for the Animal Stack and an ECA (for the extra kick). I hit the gym at "lunch" at 11:00am-12:30pm. After workout double protien shake and following a half-hour later the 4 chicken breasts w/ rice and veggies. Then at 2:30-3pm I hit the big tuna again w/ a protien bar. Work ends around 4:30 I head home. Dinner at 6pm...steak or chicken w/ baked potato or rice and veggies. I hit another protein bar or shake around 8pm. Once I started sticking to that diet I started to see results in about a month that I didn't when I just ate whenever and whatever when I was lifting.
    The only good thing about being so lean is i can cheat a little on the weekends and not worry about it to much since I have a fast ass metabolism i don't worry about "fat".
    As it stands now I'm still 6ft and wiegh in at a solid 170lbs. Granted I could maybe wiegh more if I worked legs really hard but with me running three times a week I don't worry to ,uch about ever getting the wheels big. But then my goals may be different then yours too.
    To sum it all up...the diet was the key for me. Good luck...us skinny guys need to EAT!!!!

yea i get you i eat good but not like that and i dont eat fruit...im going to try your way of eating and throw some fruit into it..right now i drink my N-Lage2 in the morning then goto the gym come back eat chicken then have 3 big meals then anotherdrink at night...i started to eat alot of pasta...and i also start taking that 1-AD...i had the extra money so well soon see what that stuff is all about...thankx for that input will with out a dout use it...

Thread Information