GENETICFREAK is offline Junior Member

I need Help!! Pain!!!

hey everyone i just need a few opinoins from some fellow athletes.
    Two years ago i hurt my back and was pretty much sidelined as far as working out goes....i was my heaviest at 175 when i was hurt....could bench 315 had amaxing strenght for my size....when i returned to weightlifting i already was 175 from sitting around from the injury.....so i went back to training .....got my strength up....doing really great ...ive done cycles before so i decided to my first not to long ago...i got up to 220...and retained most of my gains....i began my lean out a few weeks ago ...now mind you my last lean out i went from 175 to 156....so now 5 weeks into it im down from 220 to 192.....looking great ...vascualrity coming in.....i like to run to drop weight...never had a problem before...this time around i have chronic shin splints...my knees hurt..ankles...feet....and my right quad right above the knee on the side where the attachment is ...gets super tight and has pins and needles....i have tried stretching but that doesnt help....drinkingmore water to help the joints....and taking a joint formula....im getting to the point where i am totally discouraged to workout.....any opinions would help....

bump

Am I all alone here?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Running IMO for a person who trains with weights is a bad idea. With all that newly aquired weight, I'd be surprised if your joints and shins did not hurt while/after a run. I would either walk at a fast pace, ride a bicycle, or hit up the gym in style and do some Elliptical trainer. Good way to meet females, as they always seem to flock by the dozens toward the cardio area of my gym. Now as far as actually getting one to go home with you, you're asking the wrong cat. I need some help in that area as well. Arthur knows his way around the females, give him a hollar and tell him PaPa sent you. He'll know what I mean.

im with poppa pump running is a bad idea if you are weight training heavily. I have horribel shin splints from rugby and i have had to stop running

You know I swear i have strange luck.....in my current crisis...i was at the gym today and i noticed this guy with these strange shoes....so i ask him what they were and he called them Z coil shoes......he told me that he could never run because of bad foot and shin pain.....needless to say he got these and has hardly any problems now....maybe ill try them out first .......i just love to run....the precor is good but its boring....i also was thinking of buying a bike....we'll see....thanks guys!!

BIG R is offline Member
    GF

Get a bike and ride in the morning! But just dont sit your ass down get up and really push those peddals. For about 30-45mins. You are too heavy for running right now. Besides why the hell do you wanna run it will strip muscle even faster than it will strip fat. Have you ever seen a REAL RUNNER's body? Hell, you couldnt scoup a spoonful of muscle off of them! EFX, Bike, and stairmaster are the way to go!

Big R.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I have the exact same problem. I quite running alltogether, and started taking glucosimine to help with my joints. I'm feeling alot better now.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Have you tried applying ice a few times a day?......works wonders for my knee and my shoulder

Thread Information