Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member

Need a new routine

I am only able to workout 3x a week now because of work so what would you all suggest as a break down and what exercises would you include and the big question is WHY do you chose what you did?

thanks all.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    like i've posted many times--i was 220 area and could not get bigger about 1 and 1/2 years ago. i was doing 4 to 5 days per week training. i dropped to 3 days per week and a 80% power training routine and a 20% bodybuilder routine and i went up to 242lbs. it got me big dropping days. i feel 3-4 days is perfect.
    i am adjusting my training a little to about a 50% power training and 25% each for strength and body building.why to get harder and better for ju jitsu fighting and compititions and have a little better wind and endurance.

my routine looks like this
    monday--chest/shoulders/tris
    flat bench 8-10 sets rep range of 16,12,10,8,5,5,5, and sometimes 2 sets of 3 or a set of 10 rep out
    incline or fly(if feel need it) 2 sets 8-10 rep range
    hammer military press 2-4 sets
    front,side ,rear dbell raises super setted together for 2 sets of 20 rep range
    floor press 2-4 sets for tris
    push downs (rope or a bar) 4 rep range
    machine dip 2 sets if needed

wednesday--back/traps/bis
    real or partial deads 8 set area with same reps as bench usually done with hands to front of bar close together and roll shoulders forward,down,touch,roll back and squeeze
    shrugs db or bar 4 set area
    pulldowns 3-4 set area
    sometimes some type of row in 2 sets area of 8 rep area
    6 sets of biceps of some type of curl depending on feel

friday --legs
    squats or leg press in 8-10 set area with same reps as bench if squating or more reps if doing leg press
    hamstring curls 2-3 set range
    sometimes extensions 2-3 set range

i dont do much calves just while doing squat or leg press as these work them great and they grow if i dont train them

thats pretty much it,sometimes i add something or take something away --pm if question

Thread Information