Tystick is offline Junior Member

Good Alternative to Weighted Dips?

I need a good mass builder for the Tri's. I can do a lot of dips and don't have the belt to do weighted dips. I have heard this is the best for mass. Whats a good alternative to weighted dips if you don't have the belt.
    Last edited by Tystick; 06-19-2002 at 10:44 AM.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    You can always do tricep dips with a couple of plates resting in your lap...put two benches leg width apart, put your heels on one and rest on your hands on the other...have your partner put a plate or two on your lap and go to town...I do this all the time and it has added some mass to my tri's...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Originally posted by woodsy169
    You can always do tricep dips with a couple of plates resting in your lap...put two benches leg width apart, put your heels on one and rest on your hands on the other...have your partner put a plate or two on your lap and go to town...I do this all the time and it has added some mass to my tri's...
    That's exactly what I do, and it seems to work nicely for me. I do it at the end of bi/tri day with a 45lb plate in my lap. Do 3 sets of 30-40 going as far down as you can. Burns nicely! I also found that if I put my hands about ass width apart (instead of being wider) it seems to isolate the tris a little more. Just my dimes worth.

peace,

ttgb

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    dumbell between the thighs works well also

Thread Information