Gotta get something off my chest

I recentally stopped cycling my creatine and took a much needed 2 week break from the gym. Then yesterday I headed back to the gym for my first time in about 2 weeks and I stretch and head strait to the bench. I warm up wit very low weight then throw about 160 on. Usally I can do about 10 reps but I could barly do 5. I racked the bar and then sat up on the bench and I put my hands on my head and walked strait out of the gym. It was the most depressing moment ever. I have worked so hard to get where I am and just becuase I took a little break it seems to be all gone sorry guyz just had to get that off my chest.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Don't fret over it too much bro...everything should be back to normal in no time. Your body probably needed the rest anyways and in a weeks time you'll start to see your levels of strength come back.

Aragorn

demetri is offline Member
    It's in your head man. Your body just doesn't lose strength that fast.

The bench beat you in your head, that's all. Just remember that when you next go to do bench that it's a mental game and you're going to win it next time.

We've all had days like that. I've walked into the gym, changed, racked up the squat, done a warm up, said "screw this" and gone for ice cream

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I have had days like that. Just dont quit, That might have been hard, but something else could have been easy. You never know.

dacgator is offline New Member
    2 weeks ago I went into the gym and did my normal warm up.
    135x12
    185x6
    225x6
    its usually easy for me to get 6 at 225 but it was a struggle that day so I wanted to quit. To make a long story short I took a 5 minute break got my head clear and did 245 for 6 wich is normal/good for me. I agree with Demetri its in your head. You will be fine. Keep training.

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    Stick it out. I went a month without hitting the gym (surgery), when I got back in it was pathetic. After a couple days back I was as good as before.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Listen to these Bros! Taking 2 weeks of every once in a while is good for the body. But don't expect to be right back in it when you return. Slowly pyramid your way back on the first week, and by the second week back you should be pretty much back in the game. Don't let it get to you guy, the mind can trick the best of us.

Rowdy is offline New Member
    I've seen you post alot, and your always very positive. keep the good attitude, don't let a little thing like that get you down, or even question your hard work spent in the gym.

husun is offline Junior Member
    yea it's alot easier to get back to where you previusly were then getting there for the first time

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Give it a little bit. You'll be right back to where you were. If you were working out regularly your body should keep some good muscle memory.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by demetri
    We've all had days like that. I've walked into the gym, changed, racked up the squat, done a warm up, said "screw this" and gone for ice cream
    Classic! Ive done this too.

Your strength will soon return, and quite rapidly.

thanks all for the advice made me feel a lot better about my situation

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Dude when you take time off then go back, its always going to suck. Ive been in the same place before. Now I try to stick to my routine and not take any days off besides the two that i take. You get back to it here in a couple of weeks.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Its all in your head. It is your mind thinking tht you are gonna be weaker for taking a week or so off. Like they said, rest is good and your strength doesnt leave that quick. Just push it out of your head and get it done

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Its definitly in your head. I take 1 to 2 weeks off beofre every meet and one week after. I go to meets and lift big. If you did lose anything it wasnt 1 rep strength, you lost a little bit of muscle endurance. And if so 2 workouts and you will be back to normal. Not to mention if you were needing a break you will make better gains too. 2 weeks is nothing man! YOur body will apreciate those breaks.

Thread Information