Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member

Arrow Lacking workout intensity?

Alright guys and gals, I know there has been other posts about this, but I figured I'd see what everybody thought anyway. I just started a new high stress job recently with varying hours and have been finding that by the time I get to the gym, I lack the motivation and drive that I normally have. Thus making me think that my workouts are lacking and seemingly just going through the motions. My workout partner claims that I am getting bigger and making gains, but I just feel totally unmotivated. I may be jumping the gun a little bit, because I've only noticed this the past week or two. Anyway, anyone have any advice to help me regain the drive? How do you psych yourself up? Don't get me wrong here...I still love the gym, just need some help to push myself the extra mile.....whatca think?????

Neo
    My diet has been all F---ed up because of the new schedule. I'm trying to iron everything out though. It's probably just gonna take me some time to adjust. It's weird that you suggested it, but a buddy of mine wants me to hit his gym with him soon. Maybe I'll give it a try. And anytime you want to hit the iron, bro....I'm game.....

SidewayZ is offline Associate Member
    Neo, I feel the same way and my friends say the same things to me to. Stay motivated bro!
    Lately I feel like I in front of a brick wall that just won't come down. But I will grow and not fall short of any of my goals. Hope you feel the same way. Good luck!

jbrand is offline Member
    Originally posted by g_style
    Neo, I feel the same way and my friends say the same things to me to. Stay motivated bro!
    Lately I feel like I in front of a brick wall that just won't come down. But I will grow and not fall short of any of my goals. Hope you feel the same way. Good luck!
    A good rule of thumb is not to expect brick walls to "come down". If this was a practical and rational idea we would see more architectural strategies that included paper and plastic.

SidewayZ is offline Associate Member
    Gotcha ya bro. thanks

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Try and fix your diet, and if that dosnt help take 1 week of going to the gym.
    That if anything will help you get motivated!

vielbistdu is offline New Member
    Taking a shower before the gym wakes me up. Sometimes I take them Kramer style freezing cold and it always works for me. I also usually watch Olympia videos before I go workout.

Neo
    Thanks guys...I appreciate the encouragement. I may give these a try. Anyone else with ideas?

Ironweb is offline Member
    When is the last time you change up your routine? Do different exercises. Also when I get that low intensity feeling I will look through and read Arnies bodybuilding book before I hit the gym. His passion for bodybuilding gets me going. Just keep pushing and do not let the low times beat you.

Thread Information