redrock is offline Member

Adding mass to shoulders w/out bb or db press???

Ok, so about 5 months ago, I dislocated my shoulder, and now my orthopedic dr. says I can't do any overhead shoulder press movements.

My question is, will I be able to put a decent amout of mass on my delts in only doing side raises and one armed cable raises? Are their any other things I can do to hit my delts? Thanks guys. Redrock

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    my delts got big by benching,side lats,front lats and rear lats. i sometimes do hammer strength presses.
    i dont feel you need military or shoulder presses if you can heavy bench which i'm not sure if you can do,but sides put size on me

redrock is offline Member
    Originally posted by Tapout
    my delts got big by benching,side lats,front lats and rear lats. i sometimes do hammer strength presses.
    i dont feel you need military or shoulder presses if you can heavy bench which i'm not sure if you can do,but sides put size on me
    Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by side lats, front lats and rear lats? I'm not sure how to do those. Thanks, Redrock

cube is offline Junior Member
    bro, unlucky about your shoulder. i did the same thing 18months ago (i actually dislocated the same shoulder 3 times in 2 months). i'll tell you what happened to me, i hope it helps. at the time my doc said the same sort of thing to me. every time i made a sudden movement my shoulder felt like it was gonna pop out and hurt like hell. this continued for other a year, and every now and then i still get a little tweak. the good news is that eventually you can lift properly again as long as you take it slow. i am still not fully recovered but i am on my way, about a month ago i started doing db shoulder presses for the first time since november 2000. i can only do light weights right now as the stabilizer muscles aren't too strong, but as long as i go slow i know i'll be back to big weights soon. i know your doc probably told you this, but do a lot of low stress exercises and work the rotator cuff. start with tiny weights (or no weight like i had too) and be prepared to work at it a long time. don't put too much stress on the shoulder (bench, but never use a wide grip, stuff like that) in my case my shoulder is probably never gonna be 100%, and i will never be able to throw a ball full speed with that arm, but other than that the shoulder is good again. good luck bro, hope the rehab goes well.

cube

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I dont know about mass, but probally tone it up.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    all 3 are done with cable or dumb bells. take db s and extend arms out in front thats front lats,take db s and extend arms outward to sides thats side db then bend over and do same with db s but pulling backward thats rear db s

Thread Information