Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member

Needing push-ups,sit-ups routine advice

Hey gang

I am still hitting the weights five times a week, but i have added running instead of the power walk.

I just cant seem to figure out the best way to increase my push-ups and situps. I am weak in those areas and it never seems to change.

Any one have a routine for a PT newbie? im not afraid of hardwork at all, just dont know how to start.

the just start plan doesnt seem to be working. any advice would be great

thanks everyone

Try doing pushups with a heavy weight plate on your back (this works well for increasing pullups as well, except with that you have the plate or dumbell locked between your feet). Do that for a few weeks, and then take off the plate and do pushups. Just imagine how it would feel without the plate!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I will try that! sounds like a good plan thanks bro

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    i had great results when i started putting my feet up on a chair and doing incline push-ups. When i first started to workout that was my main chest exercise, and believe it or not i gained some size in the chest area just from doing incline push-ups, i took each set to failure for about 6 sets, and started to notice some pec seperation, you know the Cut.

SAC
    SAC is offline New Member
    hey bro if you have a swiss ball do the push-ups off of it. if it is hard to control the ball move the ball to a corner. if you have a half ball do it off it. otherwise, do as many as you can then do negs.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    do push-ups after chest days 3 sets til failure, and do sit-ups and pushups after your runs 3x25
    peace

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i do incline and decline push ups...feet either up on my bed or for incline put my hands up on my bed. also do close-grip push ups which seem to help. for sit-ups i do regular crunches, leg lifts off of a bench, and these things from gymnastics called hollow holds where you hold your feet 6 inches off the ground for as long as you can. i usually take the hollow hold and also try to hold my shoulders a few inches off of the ground too, then crunch into a ball, and then release back to the starting position with both ends about 4-6" off the ground. they work pretty well. good luck

Thread Information