Tystick is offline Junior Member

Need Better Lats

My lats seem to be my lagging body part. I train each body part once a week, and I am careful not to overlap and overtrain. What can I do to really start to get growth in my lats, especially width? I already do pull ups and lat pulldowns for width. If I work them out twice a week will that overwork my rear delts.

Any advice welcome.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey bro...I had the same problem as you. My lats weren't terrible but were lagging a bit. So last Novemebr I re-vamped my back training program and vowed to hit it hard. I began with heavy bent over rows, then did wide grip pull downs, hammer strength high row and ended with either cable rows or one arms dumbells. Here is a link that gives you and idea of the progress I made in 6-7 months. Go to page 2

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=24640

Thats great progress! How many days a week did you work it?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Once per week...but heavy and strict...well heavy for me that is. I'm not the strongest guy here by a long shot. Bent over rows usally 3 x 45's and a 25 per side (365lbs), wide grip pull downs 250-280lbs, hammer high rows 4 plates per side and one arm dumbell rows 160lb dbs...all for 6-10 reps.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i can see the results peteypab!! looks good...i do almost the same thing you do, except every other week i subsitute bent barbell rows for deadlifts. i also do chins or pullups everyweek.

Bump...for more suggestions

vielbistdu is offline New Member
    bump on Pete's reply..ummm..what does your back routine look like? You could try eliminatining lat pull downs and including close grip underhand pull ups. I used to do underhand pullups, then wide grip pull ups then back again, used to get really sore. I saw good growth from that combo..also t-bar rows or cable rows are bad ass. Everyone has their opinion on back training. I usually do t-bar, barbell rows, close-grip underhand and wide grip pull ups. Sometimes I mix up the hand grips. Jus some suggestions. Oh yeah, some times I also do 21's in the pull up motion...works really good

metzger66 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Once per week...but heavy and strict...well heavy for me that is. I'm not the strongest guy here by a long shot. Bent over rows usally 3 x 45's and a 25 per side (365lbs), wide grip pull downs 250-280lbs, hammer high rows 4 plates per side and one arm dumbell rows 160lb dbs...all for 6-10 reps.

I'm going to give this a try and see what results I get. I think pete235 knows what he's talking about!

metz

Did I say he didn't? I didn't flame him or his ideas...let's leave it at that

oops..sorry..thought you were talking to me..I apologize

metzger66 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by vielbistdu
    oops..sorry..thought you were talking to me..I apologize

If that was intended for me bro. no problemo.

Peace
    metz

Thread Information