Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member

Football Routine for College

I am 18 and heading into my first year of college. I plan on playing football in one year. What I need to do now though is put on size. Im 200 lbs now and I want to put on 15 to 20 lbs by the fall of 2003. I was wondering if anyone knew a good football routine to help me gain size and develop the muscles used on the field?

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    a basic routine centered around squats, deadlifts, power cleans, and bench.

I am on a routine that a D-1 college sent me. Its a 4 day a week program centered around basic movements but also incorporating assistance lifts and speed work.

If you are interested i can post it,just PM me if you want it

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    make sure u eat alot of food if your trying to gain weight

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    What position do you play?

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    i play te
    but i still need to get alot stronger
    D1 everyone is strong it was a rude awaking to me

Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member
    Been a lineman all my life but than I lost about 30lbs. So I think center is probably out of the question when the average is 270lbs. I want to play defensive end at about 220 lbs. I am currently 195 lbs, but like I said I have until the fall of 2003.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    pasta pasta pasta.........eat it!!! Go out and get the Strength and Conditioning book that Nebraska put out, very good info in there......

Jphill1301 is offline Junior Member
    I'm currently playing at GA Tech. Here is a tip of advice. You can do as much training in the weight room as possible, but you will never be able to be prepared for the field. You might think your working hard enough but reality behind it is, your not. The only way to get ready for the field is the field its self, but don't ever get out to the weight room. and remember its not all about how strong you are, its about how you use your strength and how fast you can do it. If yoiu wanna be in cardio shape the only way to get close is to run until you throw up each time

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    eat tons, supplement smart, those 20 pounds should come easy then, w/ the workout the college gives ya, ask the coach for a strenght/conditioning program, colleges usally give 'em to their athletes
    peace

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Every hit in college is like the hardest hit in highschool.

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    Georgia Tech dude I know many of your teammates......chris myers for instance.....he has already graduated he was the dude that got caught on andro and was on ESPN

football info I play major D1 football I played FSU, UCF, S. MISS, PITT, TENN. VIRGINIA, LSU, AUBURN

you need all the explosion you can get hang clean, power cleans, front squats jump boxes...shit like that run stadiums too its all about the legs

canseco is offline New Member
    hey man don't worry so much about the numbers i.e weight. Just hit the gym like an animal and think about not wanting to be pushed around at camp and you will throw on more muscle than you can imagine granted you eat right. too many guys get caught up in the numbers on the scales, i know guys who weight 215 solid muscle that scare the shit out of guys 235-245lb. Its all in the workout, eating, and attitude but make sure you have that attitude that you will not accept failure and you'll be alright. Just don't forget your goal in the weightroom....I am not going to be pushed around, I am going to be putting everyone else on their ass.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Check out the articles at www.elitefts.com louie simmons is one of the top s+c coaches in the world he has worked with many D-1 colleges and pro teams.

xxxl83

Thread Information