juiceon is offline Associate Member

My new training split

After years of doing a bodypart once a week, I am going to switch to something completely different. I used to do (eg.):
    1 chest/shoulders
    2 legs
    3 bis/tris
    4 off
    5 off
    6 back
    7 off

Now I am going to try (eg.):

1 upper chest, heavy delts, 1/2 tris (basically only half the exercises I would do for a bodypart on a given day)
    2 quads
    3 1 heavy back exercise, 1 light back, barbell shrugs, barbell curls, dumbbell curls, wrist curls
    4 off
    5 lower chest, lighter delts, other 1/2 tris
    6 hams
    7 pulldowns and isolation back exercises, dumbbell shrugs, more "isolation" bis exercises
    8 off

Basically, my reasoning is that I am not gaining enough solid mass during my cycles. While I use to feel like I needed the week off, lately I have been feeling like it's too long and I can handle it. I have been peaking at about the same point in my cycles, and need to change to blast through this plateau.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Test it and see...but if you're sleeping and eating then try and increase overall volume. With your nitrogen balance so high you'll be able to train hard and heavy a whole lot more frequently. Plan 100 pullups one day. I mean serious volume. You'll surely know if it's too much. Let me know cause I'm always interested in the load one can take while on gear.

juiceon is offline Associate Member

Will do

DBs - Right now I'm just getting use to the new routine and have been taking it easy, I will gradually increase my intensity. Like you say, when I am on the gear I am going to increase the volume and see how far I can take it. Good point about the rest and nutrition - they will be even more important on such a frequent workout schedule. I am going to make my cycles heavy, by my standards.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Juiceon,

I like both of those routines, I'm gonna add 'em to my schedule. I rotate my workouts every 6-8 weeks anyway. So my body nevr gets used to any specific routines.

keep us posted, MJ

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    One more real important point...Warm up and stretch well. It would be horrible to get an injury...especially one like tendon or lig. that could take so long to heal. Even more so while on a cycle.

Thread Information