Thread: neck

reli is offline Junior Member

neck

hi i have a question for you ppl,what kind of home exercise can i do to get my neck thicker,as it is my neck doesnt not match my big shoulders and chest and also its worth it to mention that during most of the year your neck is the only part of yourself that is revealed therefore i dont want it to be the one bodypart that is lagging anysuggestion will be greatly appr

timmy is offline New Member
    Traps, baby, work yer traps. Shrugs, deadlifts, stuff like that.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    shrugs are good, your prob doing them tho, one thing i did when i used to play rugby is get a 10kg (20lb?) weight and lie on a bench put the weight on the front of your head then bring your head up off the bench slowly (reps), works your neck really well, you can do it for all 4 sides, back of neck is a bit hard, but just use your hands for resistance, your neck will be huge in no time.

I Dont know anything else that'll do it tho.

shrugs are primarly for working out your traps and yes i do shrugs but i am looking for a home exercise that will work out my neck do u like an example while i am sitting in front of the computer and chatting with you i can be doing a set for my neck lol

timmy is offline New Member
    I remember the first gym i ever went to, at my high school, had this contraption for working your neck. Basically, you put this thing on your head, it was almost like strapping someone into an electric chair, like a leather helmet or something. It was attached to this bar, so once you were strapped in, you just pulled back on it with your head, which caused resistance on your neck. almost like a bowflex. You could set the amount of resistance you wanted. LOL, I though it was kind of funny, but maybe you need something like that. I don't know of any other excercise to work your actual neck, I always thought the neck muscles were the traps.

no you are right that strapp with weights at the bottom is the shit but i dotn know where to buy it from see the reason i wanna do my neck at home is that when i go to gym i dont wanna take forever for a work out and certain things like running the bike doing the forearms and neck i can do it at home on days off or at my own leisure yuo understand what i mean?

ROLL DOG is offline New Member
    i don't know what they call the excersise but my gym teacher used to have us do it. lay on your back and lift your head up about 3-5in. and hold it there until you can't anymore, you can also turn your head to the right and left to get more of a workout. just my 2 centes

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by reli
    shrugs are primarly for working out your traps and yes i do shrugs but i am looking for a home exercise that will work out my neck do u like an example while i am sitting in front of the computer and chatting with you i can be doing a set for my neck lol
    I dont know if you can use it in front of your computer but you can sure try. I took a baseball hat, poked a hole in the bill, ran a small rope through it. I tied the rope to a weight. Put on the hat and simply nod your head like your listening to you favorite song.

Weird Idea I know....but hope this helps
    Ty

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    i dont have a neck my head just sits on my shoulders

Thread Information