Thread: Traps!

chinups Guest

Question Traps!

Traps have always been a weakness. I have good def. but they are not big. I WANT BIG TRAPS. HELP

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    What exercises are you curently doing for traps?

db shrugs
    barbell shrugs
    upright rows
    seated wide grip cable rows (elbows out to side)

chinups Guest
    I do the basics. Heavy as hell. Uprights and shrugs, sometimes for a burn I superset

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I do heavy db shrugs and upright rows for traps, works great but ive always had good traps, guess itīs genetic.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    deadlifts work great for traps
    i do traps with back i do deads or partial deads then bar shrugs--i do a light set 315 for 15-20 reps.then 365,then 405 for 10-12 reps.sometimes i go up more but usually i go down and do a final very strick set that i roll backwards and hold for a couple of seconds on each rep
    sometimes i do dbell rolls which i do by going straight up holding then roll backwards and hold again
    this has made my traps grow huge

bigtraps1 is offline New Member
    Barbell shrugs(go heavy)
    DB shrugs
    Wide grip cable rows, don't pull back all the way, just make sure you can feel it in the traps.

If you have the first Nasser video(Nasser on the way), he does a strange trap exercise. Standing at the cable with a stright bar. Reach up and pull it down to the top of your head, and flex the hell out of traps. You can fell it.

williampowers is offline Junior Member
    Shrugs- fronts behind dumbells straight bar all good the most important is holding the weight for a count and lowering slowly .
    Remember the traps are a small muscle so you don't to blast them very hard say 2-3 sets on either shoulder day or back day. I usually do it on shoulder because is a less taxing work out then back, your preference.
    ALSO DO NOT ROTATE AT THE TOP THE BEST WAY TO INJUR YOUR SHOULDER.

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Pete235
    db shrugs
    barbell shrugs
    upright rows
    seated wide grip cable rows (elbows out to side)
    hmmmmm ... Pete, I've been using upright rows for delts, and I do delts and traps on different days ... might I be overtraining the traps?

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Shrugs! I throw in some behind the back barbell shrugs also. Hits them a little different for me. I do them after front dumbell shrugs.

chinups Guest
    Def. is alot of genetics cause I work them hard. Will take all the advice into the gym. Thanks alo guys

diesel21 is offline Member
    do dumbell shrugs... and concentrate on your back and shoulder workouts... after all. your traps are your back... and i barely have a neck! i got monster traps

chinups Guest
    I have some good cuts in them but damn I need them big. I am short so if I can get them bigger I think I would appear to be longer (taller). Dieseal mentioned back, anyone have feelings on which day you should do traps? I often rotate between back and shoulders.

Thread Information