Thread: forearm pains

PrewPump is offline Junior Member

Unhappy forearm pains

We've all heard of shin splints or some of us have probably had them. But does anyone else get forearms splints? I asked my doctor about them and he gave me the classic doctor answer, "stop working out" but thats not an option. I get them from srtaight bars curls and dumbell curls. I work out my forearms weekly and no pain is felt durning or after the workouts. Anyone got any home remedies or felt this pain before, its almost unbearable. THANKS - Prew

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Try doing EZ bar curls instead, itīs easier on your wrists/forearms.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Prewpump--------I know how you feel bro. Anytime I try straightbar curls I get a pain in my right wrist all the way up my forearm. I have tried differnt grips from wide to close and nothing helps. When I switched to a strict dumbell incline curl (even with heavy weight) the pain has subsided substantially!!! If you cannot let go of the solid bar, I agree with Palme, switch to the EZ bar. Possibly reduce the weight for a short cycle (3 weeks) and see if that helps.

reli is offline Junior Member
    forearms are funny cuz there is so much pure muscle bunched up there i think the only wat to get rid of the pain its working them out ed
    when i work the forarms on occassion they burn and hurt like hell
    but if u do it regular the pain decreases big time

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Ocnorb36 i am having the same problem in my right wrist up to my forarms every time i try to do a arms workout with heavy weights my doc prescribe me a drug named ALGESAL

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Ahh, not to worry this has been answered a couple of times already.

Most of us believe it's due to having a weak grip. I used to have the same problems until I started working my forearms and strengthening my grip.

Try it out see if this helps. You can also do a search on the subject.

I understand what you guys mean about i being from a weak grip and forearms, and others have told me that also but I know for me thats not the case. NewbieGuy, has that prescription worked for you? I'll have to have a little talk with my doc if he's been withholding a cure.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    newbiguy----what exactly is that med?? Has it eased the pain at all?? Prewpump I forgot one other thing..........when I cut back my forearm workouts a little and did fewer exercies this helped as well (IMO).

If you want to strengthen your grip to prevent forearm pain: Try holding two heavy plates together (whatever is heavy to you) for 30 seconds at a time between your thumb and fingers. Do one arm at a time. Repeat until failure. This will give you a gorilla grip!

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I have this prob and asked this Q before. The best piece of advice i got was to slowly release my grip off the bar after the set

forearm pain

Thanks a lot psycoswole for the info and the link. I'll give that a try, I've been just dropping the weight at the end of a set because of the heavy weight and pain. Plus i know a couple guys at my gym are hurtin from this too, now i can spread the word and take credit for your knowledge!
    me and my forearms thank you all - prewpump

Thread Information