ballplayer is offline Junior Member

how much cardio?

Hey guys,
    I just started a cycle of sustanon . This is my first cycle ever, I'm 6'0ft 195 and I want to put on a good 15 pounds of muscle on it, but I also want to stay lean and cut. My question is how much cardio should I do a week in order to benefit in both places. I mean I am eating a ton to put on size but I don't want to have a gut, actually I want to keep my six pack but I'm worried that too much cardio will burn all the extra calories and I won't grow. What do you all think/suggest???

dern180 is offline Member
    Try three days a week for 30-45 min.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    If you must do cardio do low intensity like walking...works great for me...good luck with your cycle...XXL

anyone else??? bump

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    IMO you really should do one or the other. Bulk up or cut up. Don't try to do too many things to your body in one time, concentrate on a specific goal and go with it, then move on when you have accomplished it. I know that you don't want to get overly huge because you play baseball but from my experiences you'll get bigger but you'll stay proportionate in regards to your body. You'll still have your flexability to play up the middle, which should be your only concern. I'm sure you get enough cardio on the field anyways so you should focus everything in the weightroom at the moment before you decide it's time to cut up.

thanks for the advice sav, that's what I'll probably do. I'll bulk for 10 weeks and then go right into an intense cutting cycle.

Also while you're in the weight room don't forget to do your rotator cuff exercises (ie. jobs)....the last thing you need to do is have all your other muscles stronger then your 'cuffs. After that...good luck with everything.

man you are good sav. I didn't think anyone in here knew what jobes were and how important they are for ballplayers.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Excuse my ignorance but what are jobes??? I do some cuff work but I know I need to do more. I have injured my shoulder off and on using heavy weight and forgetting to do cuff work. Give me some detail on the motion involved.

Jobes are a series of rotator cuff exercises. Jobes is the name of the doctor who developed them I believe. The main thing to remember with jobes is its not about high weight, if you use high weight you will tear your cuffs. I use 5 pound plates in each hand when I do them.
    When I do cuffs, I tuck my elbows to my side and rotate my arms away from me without my elbows leaving my side. Then extend your arms out like you're leaning on crutches and rotate your shoulders so it looks like you're making the touchdown symbol. Then hold the plates underneath your chin with your palms facing your chest and then extend your arms up and twist as you go up so that you're palms are facing out at the top. Do lots of reps of these and your cuffs will be much stronger and durable. Make sure to stretch them as well.

ballplayer - you did a good job trying to explain jobes...I'll try to post some pics to make it clearer for those who are having trouble understanding all of it...but on that note good job bro.
    ocnorb36 - hey bro it ain't ignorant to ask a question...hope ballplayer could help you out.

If you guys need to know anything on certain exercises for baseball you can just shot me a pm...training for baseball is one thing that I can definately talk about.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks---I tried a few without weight and felt pretty good---any other good cuff exercises would be appreciated---Sav22 thanks bro--pictures would be cool of the exercises if you know a link--

Out

I've put up the exercises and the website so you guys can check out the rotator cuff (jobes) exercises in the workout section if you like.

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    Extreme intense cardio for 15-20 minutes is perfect for maximum increase of metabolism and minimal loss of muscle!
    Walking on an empty stomach is perfect for losing muscle!
    However this kind of cardio could be dangerous if your on roids...

Thread Information