ward065 is offline Member

Question Dumbell Deadlifts

any ideas why i can't use as much weight when doing dumbell deadlifts than when performing regular barbell deadlifts? it just seems weird as i could only do dumbell deads with 310 total (for 6 reps) while i can do barbell deadlifts with 405 for 8 reps (my max is close to 450, but can only do 4-5 reps there)

Njectable is offline Member
    hmm, i must say i haven't heard of anyone doing DB deadlifts before

I don't really see the point either? because its not like the ROM would be any different using DB's as compared to just using a BB for your deadlifts. The only benefit i could see is maybe it'd be easier on your knees because you would no longer be scraping the BB across your legs, but it just seems ackward to think about.

ward065 is offline Member
    well just like romanian deadlifts they can be performed with dumbells or barbells......and just like barbell rows, i do them with both barbells and dumbells to get the work done differently. but with this exercise too, i cannot use as much weight with the dumbell versus the barbell

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    better bio mecahnics, it is like deadlifting with the octagon trap bar, it is just more biomechanicaly correct, it puts the weight on your sides instead of in front of you so you can use less lower back and more legs with a shorter ROM

Thread Information