Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fooboy is offline Associate Member

Asians.......is it true???

Is it true that Asians can't get really big without the use of "alternative" assistance? I read somewhere that we have bad enzymes or something. What the hell is the damn deal?

David B. is offline Member

Re: Asians.......is it true???

Originally posted by Fooboy
    Is it true that Asians can't get really big without the use of "alternative" assistance? I read somewhere that we have bad enzymes or something. What the hell is the damn deal?
    Ever seen a sumo wrestler? They're Asian, and really big.

--dnb

BIG R is offline Member
    Asian people mainly have HUGE quads and claves......I've seen this trend all of the time.

R

mando is offline Associate Member
    i'm asian , 5 10'' 245lb 19'' arms all natural ...........am i small ???

Probbe is offline New Member
    Fo Realz Foo. Most of the asians I kno are mad small, although it's mostly a generalization.. Cause I've seen the 1 or 2 in 10 that are mad diesel.. I'm tryin myself to get into that ratio..!!

Yeah BIG R, I always see Asian with huge calves. They must have great genetics when it comes to building legs.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I agree i have a friend from S.Korea and his quads and calves are huge for his size!!!

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    i don't asians are natuarally bigger, i think its the rice......LOL
    peace

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    In my gym all the asians I've seen are fairly small. Agian, this could just be a generalization, but that's the way it is at my gym.

Actully in the gym I go to the asains make up probably the biggest guys in there with huge arms and legs. 5,4 and 19 inch arms... very impressive

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I don't think you can generalize size by race. Isn't size based on how hard you work and your diet?
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 07-29-2002 at 10:50 AM.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

tatty is offline Member
    Originally posted by Little Jonah
    Actully in the gym I go to the asains make up probably the biggest guys in there with huge arms and legs. 5,4 and 19 inch arms... very impressive
    Oh sweet Vancouver. But I'm chinese as well, so oh well. Which gym are you referring to?

reli is offline Junior Member
    well there is big and small in every race but black ppl tend to be more genetically gifted than other races just like asians tend to be more small than other races i repeat not all cases

Lost Seraphim is offline New Member
    yeah, I'm Chinese, I can only bench 155, and deadlift 245 but I can seated raise 6 plates!! woohoo?
    but I'm only 18 so time will tell

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    sup guys. Im S.korean, and asians are usually smaller than the rest, and african americans are usually bigger. Im fairly small myself, i only weigh 167lbs 9% bodyfat, i do sets with 235,245,255 on the bench, squats 225,235,245, and i curl 50-55lb dumbells each arm. but im only 19 as well, and im considered pretty big for my age. most of my friends are white, and asians, and i have the biggest arms in the crew

JimmPGTi is offline New Member
    Im S.Korean also. Im 5'7 and 165 prolly around 15% bf id say.....kinda high i know but ive never seen a diet as i was more into powerlifting. But i consider myself pretty strong, i still have the HS bench and power clean record for my weigth class at 265 for bench and 215 for power clean. I think its how you train and eat really. SUre there were plenty of small skinny nerdy asian kids at my school too settin sat records

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    im not sure if samoans are considered asians but theyre fucking enoumous. this guy i know is 64 230 pounds of all muscle and i dont think hes worked out a day in his life.

Yeah Samoans are born really big.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    im s.korean also ...and im 6'3 200 pnds, bench 280 and its all natural ..im about to take my first cycle tomorrow..woohoo

aNaBoLiC_aZn is offline New Member
    I'm filipino and I squat 315x3, deadlift 295x3, and bench press 225x3 at 5'7" and a 172 lbs. Now I know these lifts aren't impressive, but I'm 15 yrs old and natural. I think a person's ethnic background has something to do with their physical development, but if they work hard enough and eat right, then they'll still achieve a body they can be prooud of.
    Last edited by aNaBoLiC_aZn; 08-06-2002 at 01:28 PM.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i am from the middle east and in my gym 70% of the guys look huge and here most of the bodybuuilders have wide chest and shoulders exept me lol

My friend is Vietnamese and his dad's calves are fricken huge! Also, I have a phillipino friend that has an older brother with calves almost as big as his thighs!! And his thighs are pretty big...

jake the snake is offline New Member
    Originally posted by celly510
    im not sure if samoans are considered asians but theyre fucking enoumous. this guy i know is 64 230 pounds of all muscle and i dont think hes worked out a day in his life.
    Yeah but Samoans are classed as a black race.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    \Perhaps it has to do with evolution.
    African americans = have to chase the herd and kill cattle in the hot african plains . They have black skin to protect from sun, big bodies to kill the prey.

Asians - They pick rice and are light and have evolved for that. Yet other asians have to chase goats or what not in mongolian plains, which is why some of them are big, and some are not.

Anyone agree?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    no. sorry man but i disagree strongly with that

tatty is offline Member
    Originally posted by Big_Dan
    \Perhaps it has to do with evolution.
    African americans = have to chase the herd and kill cattle in the hot african plains . They have black skin to protect from sun, big bodies to kill the prey.

Asians - They pick rice and are light and have evolved for that. Yet other asians have to chase goats or what not in mongolian plains, which is why some of them are big, and some are not.

Anyone agree?
    I disagree as well.

Why don't you agree Tatty? It is a reasonable theory. Please give us some insight.

Rowdy is offline New Member
    well its obviously due to evolution.. he is not stating some races are less evolved than others, only that each race evolved a little differently to adapt to the enviroment in their region.

I agree with Rowdy. People have known this for a long time.

Well Im not making statements, its just something that comes with logical thought.
    No race is more evolved, but someone that disagrees back it up!
    I backed mine !!

tatty is offline Member
    Originally posted by The French Curler
    Why don't you agree Tatty? It is a reasonable theory. Please give us some insight.
    To say some asians remained small through evolution because of rice-picking is a misleading statement. Surely you are naive to believe that our ancestors ate strictly rice back then.

Then again, the basis of the statement is reasonable, just not the insinuations that I detect.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I'm with big dan on this one.
    Last edited by RageControl; 08-12-2002 at 04:45 PM.

Grant is offline Member
    Are you guys being serious when you make these statements?? The African Americans you see are not representative of the natives in Africa. African Americans are genetically gifted through selection. During slavery, white people had picked the biggest men in African villages and groups with the intentions of work. This is more advanced than millions of years of evolution. The African American people you are seeing in America were hand picked. Many native africans do not compare to African Americans. Second of all, Asia is a LARGE continent. Saying you are Asian is nearly meaningless because the continent emcompasses a large portion of earth. You would have to be more specific than asking are Asians generally smaller. In that case are you talking about Russians too??!!

jake the snake is offline New Member
    That was the most logical answer Grant, nice one.

aNaBoLiC_aZn is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Grant
    Are you guys being serious when you make these statements?? The African Americans you see are not representative of the natives in Africa. African Americans are genetically gifted through selection. During slavery, white people had picked the biggest men in African villages and groups with the intentions of work. This is more advanced than millions of years of evolution. The African American people you are seeing in America were hand picked. Many native africans do not compare to African Americans. Second of all, Asia is a LARGE continent. Saying you are Asian is nearly meaningless because the continent emcompasses a large portion of earth. You would have to be more specific than asking are Asians generally smaller. In that case are you talking about Russians too??!!
    Hmmm... that acutally makes sense

Grant , that makes sense. But are you saying that the well nourished africans dont have the same build as african americans?
    Youre wrong , let me tell you that much...they too tend to be large for the reasons I stated.
    You seem to agree with me though, mainly due to evolution.
    About asia being large, I said so comparing mongolian plain riders to rice pickers, were in complete agreement.
    To cut it short, I agree with grant.

Rowdy is offline New Member
    The African Americans you see are not representative of the natives in Africa. African Americans are genetically gifted through selection. During slavery, white people had picked the biggest men in African villages and groups with the intentions of work. This is more advanced than millions of years of evolution. The African American people you are seeing in America were hand picked. Many native africans do not compare to African Americans.
    Grant, if this is so, please explain to me why Kenyan runners have qualified among the top 3 positions in the Boston Marathon every year for the past 2 decades(Kenya has placed first 7 times in the past 10 yrs). How is this possible out of such a small country? Could it be that they are naturally superb runners after depending on it for survival for thousands of years? This is called evolution my friend, and the same applies to weight lifting, martial arts(are you gonna try and tell me asians do not dominate this sport?), body type, skin color, and anything, you name it.
    While there is some fact in your statement, it is irrelevant. The white to black ratio in this country is atleast 4:1; yet in the NBA its like 1:25. It is not the greatest athletes in the U.S. who participate in professional sports in America, it is the greatest athletes in the world.
    There's no need for "political correctness", different races are not 100% equal in everyway, it's just a basic fact of life you have to except.
    Also, about the whole Asia thing; thats just being cynical. Asia consists of roughly 50 countries, 90% of them have the oriental ethnic background. When someone refers to an asian that is what they think. It would be a bit ridiculous to say "are all asians from Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Nepal, Myanmae, Mongolia, China, Japan, etc.. small?" If I were to say i was African you would probably assume I'm black, although millions of white people reside in Africa.
    Just my thoughts....
    Last edited by Rowdy; 08-13-2002 at 08:40 PM.

Grant is offline Member
    I can explain to you why Kenyans are great runners. It is because of their disposition of running, which would support my theory that handpicking people would make them prone to accel in their chosen area of expertise. Now there is no correlation between evolution and martial arts. There is a connection of an entity proclaiming an expertise to something they practice and has been taught in their culture. Of course Asians dominate the martial arts!! That’s where it originated. I wouldn’t credit evolution for their success in it. Just like I wouldn’t praise evolution for Canadians being good at hockey. That is just what they do in that country.
    Regardless, what you said about Kenyan runners proves my point exactly. Kenyan runners generally do not look like African Americans. If whites had handpicked runners, then they would have picked them, but they didn’t. They wanted strong workers, which would explain the average size of an African American compared to a black African. Your ratios about the NBA prove my point exactly. Despite the ratio of blacks to whites not being in the black’s favor, they still dominate the league due to their frames and physical make up which can be attributed to the handpicked selection. The greatest athletes do indeed participate in professional sports, and they consist of African Americans, not black Africans. If you are saying that handpicking the Africans to bring to America is not the reason they are successful in professional sports, then why does football, a size and strength intensive sport have predominately African Americans, and not Africans.

David B. is offline Member
    Are you guys being serious when you make these statements?? The African Americans you see are not representative of the natives in Africa. African Americans are genetically gifted through selection.
    This sounds perilously close to the comments that got Jimmy The Greek fired.

There is another aspect to African Americans that makes them different from African Africans -- few African Americans have all-African ancestry.

--dnb

Grant is offline Member
    Also, as to pointing out Asia is a large continent, i am expressing the fact that since it emcompasses such a large portion of the earth, that different regions of Asia produce different builds. I know for certain that the Japanese do not look like the Thais i workout with. They have a great physical disposition which is entirely different from a Japanese physical form. Moral: Be more precise when you issue a theory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information