Thread: Warming Up!!!

skinnypuppy is offline Junior Member

Warming Up!!!

Hi,
    what exsercised do you guys do or recommend as warm-ups, i ususally don't even do any warm-ups. any recommendations? thx

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I usually just do general stretching, helps a lot, then i just do 1 set of light weight, then straight into the heavy stuff. Most people think stretching is for girls, but it's really good to flex the muscle before you actually try to make it grow. Plus it reduces soreness a lot.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    1 warmup set then itīs on!
    Sometimes i stretch between sets, i try and stretch after my workout.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    I did not use to believe in warming up but after several injuries I now think it is critical. I agree with lostsoul that a good streching program to start is ok but search the net on that. There are many diff theories regarding streching. I personally warm up the major muscle groups with 3 progressive weight loads focusing on form. IMO this allows my mind and body to get ready for the coming onslaught. Minor muscle groups I may spend 1 or 2 sets on but I still warm up to get the muscle to "wake-up" and get ready. Just my .02.

I usally spend a good 10 minutes streching at the beginning of my workout and then sometimes inbetween stets if I feel my muscles tightening up

Thread Information