ROLL DOG is offline New Member

Cigerettes and The Steriod Bible

To all the boyz at "AR",

First i would like to say that you guys have a kick ass
    site with more info than i know what to do with. I have been
    lifting for a couple of years but as i have gotten older i've wanted to
    learn more about the sport and "things" I have a TWO questions for you guys a)Does smoking cigerettes effect your growth as far as building muscle? b)Does the steriod bible have legit suppliers? Thanks for your time bros!

Roll Dog

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'd stay away from both bro. Especially the steroid bible. If you can get it and read, so can the feds
    I smoke when I drink only. I imagine it could have an ill effect but, it can't be benefecial.Whatcha gonna do besides quit.

Welcome, by the way!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR!

Personally when i quit smoking after 12 years everything changed for me.
    Smoking really does do damage to your body.

If you quit long enough you will wonder why you ever took a bath or brushed your teeth, cigs must be one of the worst smells on the planet for me.

If you kick now, you are only doing something positive for yourself.

Hehe forgive the speech, i try not to talk about it too much since there is nothing worse than an ex-whatever giving speeches about how you shouldnt do something.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    When I quite smoking I started gaining weight right away. Also, I found that I could catch my breath between sets and while doing the hated cardio alot easier.

smoking does effect your performance in the gym and your muscle growth. But this all varies on how much you smoke. Lets say if you smoke 1-2 packs a day then you will see a huge difference in your performance. On the other hand if you smoke 1-2 packs per week you will see a much less difference and it will take longer for the effects to surface.

tatty is offline Member
    Smoking also suppresses your appetite. You can eat a whole lot more when you quit smoking.

ROLL DOG is offline New Member
    thanks that all makes alot of sence, now, does anyone know how to quit?(kidding)

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    hehe i sure do. ;p

never did find an easy way tho.. DAMN it was hard, but worth it

thegame01 is offline Member
    hey first of all your right this site kicks ass and welcome to AR. smoking does affect your performence if you smoke enough.I use to smoke about 3/4 of a pack a day.Quit last year .I have more endurance (breath) and besides i have gained 10 lbs of musces when i quit due to the fact i was eating all the time. Just make sure you eat good food that all.

How to quit ? if your ready that question does not have to be answered ,it comes naturally . I had tried before and couldn't do it .I was able to quit for 6 months a few times but then would start back up.

Well this last time i said the hell with it i am a non smoker .I wanted to beef up and knew my metabolism would slow down and plus i wanted to regain my breath. I play hockey and had a hrd time breathing after a few saves (goaltender). Anyways and besides all that my dad sufered a heart attack 2 yrs ago and he hasn't smoke in about 8 yrs .

So to me those were important reasons to quit so i did .
    The point is if you really want to quit you will actually find it easy. I did not have 1 mood swing ,nothing when i quit but i was ready.

I would stay away from those sources listed in a book thats for sure .

good luck

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    If you smoke a joint, you get really hungry and eat everything in the house.......

Thread Information