Ape
    Ape is offline New Member

Slow reps are Fast reps?

Which one put more mass and better defination, slow reps or fast reps?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ehh...you are talking about high and low reps my friend.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    are you asking about doing slow reps purposly ? or doing them cuzz you got so much weight on the bar? for mass i like to do not necesarily the reps but these exercises deadlifts,squats, overhead press, powercleanand barbellcurls with about as much weight that i can use as long as i can keep good form as far as the rep goes i just do an easy smooth rep not to fast orto slow but one where i can feel my miscles really working take it from one ape to the otherand eat

Nathan5252 is offline New Member
    long slow reps burn alot more, but for strength, high weight low reps, for definition, low weight high reps

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Slow controled reps are the best for building mass. Faster exploding are good for more power like for football players

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Ape

Variation is the key, so to gain muscle you want to be doing both. For some exercises in particular I've found slow reps really speed my progress. For instance on Biceps curls I count 5 on the way up and 3 on the way down. killer approach, but visible benefits!

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're going to go slow, work the negative to make the muscle groooooooow. It's tough, time consuming and majority of the times a mental battle, but you can take advantage of the fact that your muscles can handle more of a load working the negative rather than the positive. This is for size bro.

Ape
    Thank you all for your replys.

BigLou is offline New Member
    I like to start my reps slow to get all the blood to fill into the muscle. Near the end of the set I rep it out a bit faster. I am training for a show and want to be dense and separated. So this is my training approach.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I usually do some of both for example for arms i will do some heavy str. bar curls fairly fast, bit of cheat on last few reps, but will also do some very slow reps with flexing hard at top of each one for say peacher curls or something along that line. Seems to work pretty well, like someone said above, varity is the key

Ape
    Originally posted by silverfox
    I usually do some of both for example for arms i will do some heavy str. bar curls fairly fast, bit of cheat on last few reps, but will also do some very slow reps with flexing hard at top of each one for say peacher curls or something along that line. Seems to work pretty well, like someone said above, varity is the key

so you are saying slow and fast reps during each exercise

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    no, i do one exercise with faster reps, and another slow.

When I pyramid my sets, I always start a little faster with lighter weight, and gradually get slower and heavier until I end with a really slow one rep max. The gradual increasing of weight warms up your muscles and pumps them full of blood, so the chances of getting injured are smaller. Try this for your chest workouts!

Thread Information