MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

shoulders workout help

i am 6.2" 215 lbs i am on my 2n week of dbol /deca cycle i am ectomorph so i have ripped shoulders so i want to put meet on my shoulders plz comment my shoulders workout and tell me if it is good:

-military press.
    -behind the neck press.
    -upright rows.
    -rear lateral.

i workout intense and 3 sets with 6-8 reps

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I do about the same thing but 4-5 sets, pyramid up the weight and down on reps. I also do shrugs on shoulder day.

demetri is offline Member
    I only do one pressing motion, usually dumbbells. The natural movement of your shoulders would have the bar going through your head so dumbbells seem to fit nicely here.

Shoulders are too easy to over train as they get incorporated with chest and back movements. That's why I feel that one pressing motion is enough. My current shoulder workout is:

- Dumbbells shoulder Press (4 sets 4-8 reps).
    - Standing side lateral raises which I super set with rear lateral (4 sets 8-12 reps)
    - Front shoulder raises (4 sets 8-12 reps).

I find that this works well for me. Sometimes I through in a machine instead of the dumbbell presses but I always feel like I've wasted time on the machines.

When I really want to kill my shoulders I do drop sets. I find that this crams lots of blood into them and gives a wicked pump. Drop sets I'll do for a couple of months a couple of times a year. I find that I grow nicely when I go back to my normal shoulder routine.

When I do drop sets I do the following.

Dumbbell shoulder presses (I go to about 90% of my max)
    half
    then half again.
    I then go immediately into side lateral raises with 90% of my max
    drop to half
    and then half again.

I do 4 sets like this (always go to failure) and that's it for shoulders on pain month.

well the military press iin front the neck train different muscles than the behind the neck i can do them both in the same workouts each for 3 sets and it will not be an overtraining

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    i disagree the press in front works out the same as behind the neck except you might get a better strech behind the back i usually do upright rows to exhuasttion after warm up then go straight to military with out lettinggo of the wieghts at all then go to wide grip rows all with out stopping i get a seriouis pump after that then ill do acuople of sets of lateral raises with weirght that i can handle with proper form try it out if you want ill bet you a wicked pump

hmm i cant drop out the infront the neck coz it work the same muscles as the behind the neckcoz this is 1 of the greatest workouts for shoulders

Thread Information