Terinox is offline The One & Only

Why Are My Workouts Suffering?

I don't understand, it's weird. Lately when I go to the gym I feel as if I just don't have any energy!

I took one week off lifting just cause my muscles felt sore, I needed the break, and the temp. was killing at around 35-40 degrees!!! What's weird is though, i didn't workout my shoulders for two weeks, but then when I hit them again on Wednesday, they felt amazing! They were stronger then ever, I was even able to hit higher weights. But all my other muscles seemed weaker, and not enough energy that week. Now this week is worse, everything feels like shit! I workout in my university and it's free for me, but it's damn hot. They say they have A/C but I don't feel shit! I start sweating like an animal!!!

I think just overall my workouts are best during the Fall/Winter/Spring, but over the Summer, I don't know if it's the weather (i'm guessing it is) it really EATS ME UP!!! I feel NO energy at all!!! I was planning on starting my cycle in September, but I might have to wait longer, cause my workouts are suffering so bad now, I'm scared i'm gonna go into the cycle with a shitty workout attitude.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    could be many things bro
    heat makes you want to sit on your ass and then when you do its so hot all you want to do is complain cause you darn sure cant get comfortable--try florida for awhile
    also that is why i dropped my training to 3 days per week--i didnt look forward to training so now i cant wait cause i know only 3 days per week--i got big doing that
    the mind can have a big effect on training and everything for that fact--get your mind back by resting more

Well that is a possibility. It's not really that I don't want to go to the gym either. I can drag my ass to the gym (sometimes it's hard) but I can usually at least GET there. But then it's just not the way it used to be. No energy like before. I do like 8 reps and I feel exhausted, and the weights are ridiculously low!!!

Come to think about it though, this happened last year too. I decided to work out with my friend at the YMCA for the 3 months of summer, and even though YMCA has A/C and it's kinda cool in there, I still felt very weak, tired, same with my friend too! Workouts suffered big time!

Mulligan 71 is offline New Member
    Yeah, the heat will sap your energy levels, it's been hot in T.O.,and it could be a factor, make sure your diet is up to par, and if it is, maybe your over training, and should take another week off, a little rest can do wonders.And if that doesn't work,I would go to a doctor.I'm not a guru or anything , just some advice.

Take care and good luck

Mulligan 71

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I go through phases like that too bro. Pop a couple ECA's an hour or so before the gym, helps me keep my energy up during my w/o. Also whats your diet like, i know that the shittier i eat the less motivated i am to train. Dont trip about the heat bro, nothing wrong with sweatin, just make SURE you stay hydrated. I live in Vegas and gets to about 115degrees lately
    Keep us posted

Thanks for the feedback boyz, I will try and improve the diet as much as possible, some Ephedrine before workout might be a good idea

I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Iron Brother 89 is offline Junior Member

Vitamins

What are you taking for vitamins ? If your not taking any you can feel that way. I felt that way a couple of years ago so I brought some Ultra Mega vitamins and that snapped me right out of it! This is a shot in the dark because I don't know what you take for your 1.)supplements 2.)how many hours of sleep 3.)what vitamins you take 4.) eating habits= what you eat & how many meals you eat. Keep a close eye on those 4 things and I'm sure you will snap out of it Terinox!

Dude, come to realize it, my diet really sucks lately! That's gotta be number one!!!

My sleep is okay, but it gets sluggish at times. Go over to cousins house, stay up till 5am doing shit

Other days I get a solid 10 hour sleep or so.

I do not take any vitamins, some people tell me cause i'm 20, my body absorbs everything it needs from what I eat. No need to take vitamins n stuff. Of couse there are different opinions on this

I'm guessing as soon as school starts in September, i'll be back on par.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Terinox....I am exactly the same way. I'm usually in my worst shape always in the summer. I loose alot of weight. I can't explain it. I loose interest too, and it just seems like I go through the motions at the gym & don't accomplish shit. Then by October I jump back and look great come the holidays. Strange huh? I think it's the Florida heat like Tap Out says, plus not having a traininng partner to push me.

Sounds about right Babyweight, now I can't wait till summer finishes and school starts again! hahahah, i will finally get in a decent workout

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    I feeling your pain too, I'm in AZ and its freakin steamin hot here. I try to do my workout at nights, much cooler than. Heat shouldn't zap your energy unless you getting dehydrated. So drink up.
    Mabey you didn't take enough time off. I can't stand it after a week I'm so excited to work out I kill it at the gym.
    Out of all the tips given in this thread, I think swole is right...eca stacks will get you fired up at the gym when your feeling unmotivated!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    ECA's and carb drinks - preworkout! And just try to stay motivated and intense! good luck, bro!

Thnx for all da extra feedback, will do my best

Thread Information