peaker is offline Senior Member

sore for too long?

after working my chest i always feel sore for like 4-5 days, i'm wondering if any other guys take this long to recover. My diet is fine, it just happens with my chest since i blast the shit out of it, could this be a reason it's not growing as much as my other body parts?

peaker

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I would have to ask first off how long have you been seriously training? I mean, when I lay off the weights for a week, the next workout if I hit it hard, I get sore for about 3 days. Try taking some Glutamin or Creatine, those both help with recovery especially Glutamin. I usually take one before I work out, and one right after. And during the day I will pop one or two. Are you drinking plenty of water? Or you getting enough rest at night?

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Let's see your routine you may be doing too much and overtraining.
    If that's not the case maybe you should try some sort of recovery work I
    personaly like feeder workouts.
    Also like Sicilian30 said supplements may help as well. You really need to give us more details.

xxxl83

its only my chest that is sore for that long, other body parts usually a few days tops. Chest routine currently is;

flat bench DB's 4 x 8
    incline bench DB's 4 x 8
    flat cable flies 4 x 8

train it only once a week

peaker

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    peaker,

It could just be your have a very good 'connection' to your pecs (better isolation, contractions etc.) and hence your training is so much more effective for this bodypart. A lot of people have similar stories. For me it's quads - they'll be sore for a week if I give them a full-on session.

Two things you can do -

1. Reduce sets until you are only sore for 2 - 3 days
    2. Do lots of gentle stretching during and after your workout and for the days that they are sore. This helps relieve the soreness temporarily. V. light exercise (pumping your arms backwards and forwards) helps too by increasing blood supply to your pecs to get the vital nutrients etc. your pecs need to heal.

The general theory is that your muscles grow AFTER DOMS has cleared up, and this might explain why your pecs aren't growing as well as the rest of your muscles.

Cheers,

defdaz, thanks for the advice mate, i'll give it a go

peaker

Thread Information