reli is offline Junior Member

how to cut without lossing weight

i am 24 years old 5'9 tall weigh 200 lbs i amlooking on some advice how to cut my b/f without loosing any weight i have done cardio before and i have lost mass so i have have stopped cuz i dont put anything before being big. is there any way i can have a program where i loose b/f without loosing mass or weight

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Cutting up and not loosing weight is impossible

ballplayer is offline Junior Member
    yeah you're gonna lose some weight, but there are ways to get rid of fat deposits quicker without burning muscle. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I would recommend doing intense cardio for short time periods. Like instead of joggin for 40minutes, try running hard almost sprinting for 15minutes. This will burn more fat than muscle and you won't lose too much size.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    If your wanting to cut fat you have to not run hard. Calculate your target heart rate and its somewhere between 60-70 % of max heart rate.

each person has a different way of calculating the number.
    The idea is you do it for a long time. If you can talk but not sing you are in the fat burning zone. (called the talk test if you dont have a heart monitor or a treadmill with one)

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    I agree with ballplayer and totaly dissagree with buddha...
    Doing very intense cardio for 15-20 minutes will not burn any fat during the cardio session but it will boost your metabolism... In the long run you will not lose any muscles (well if you are starving yourself you will...) and you will burn more fat....
    It is actually possible to burn fat and gain muscles at the same time using this strategy
    Last edited by fliprock; 08-09-2002 at 08:08 AM.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Im interested by this thread. Everything i have ever read speaks the way i stated it.

So your saying you can lose more fat by only doing 15 mins of cardio but really busting your ass while you do it?

Hehe i dont mind being wrong at all, just would like to see alot more about this method.

Flaco is offline Associate Member

Bump

Im curious as well

stetson0032 is offline Junior Member
    I am with BuddaRed

I am still learning about AS, but fitness is something iam educated about, 60-75%of max heartrate 30-50min, first thing in the morning and a 30 min walk after dinner is some of the best advice you could take

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    doing low intense cardio will burn fat during the cardio session (and muscles!!!) but it will not increase your metabolism...

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I'm still undecided which way to go then. I guess I'de have to try each method.

If you are cutting don't try to increase your strength, just try to maintain it. This is very simple, just lift what you do, don't increase the weight. You'll find that your muscles won't lose thier weight, but your body fat will decrease.

Do intense, interval style cardio. 20 minutes at the most. NEW STUDIES SHOW THAT THIS IS A SUPERIOR WAY TO BURN FAT AND KEEP MUSCLE. Oh yeah, almost forgot: The reason is it burns more calories AFTER your exercise, thus adding to what you already burned. The older way of doing cardio is not efficient because your body doesn't burn as much calories after you are done exercising. Short, intense cardio does.
    Last edited by The French Curler; 08-11-2002 at 03:28 PM.

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by ballplayer
    yeah you're gonna lose some weight, but there are ways to get rid of fat deposits quicker without burning muscle. I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I would recommend doing intense cardio for short time periods. Like instead of joggin for 40minutes, try running hard almost sprinting for 15minutes. This will burn more fat than muscle and you won't lose too much size.
    I disagree. Muscle is a more ready source of energy than fat and if you train that long at peak intensity you'll end up breaking down muscle to feed itself.

Reli, you can only cut up and stay the same weight if, and only if, you manage to gain in muscle exactly what you've lost in fat. If you need to be exactly 200 pounds then be patient.

If you just want to look good then my friend the answer is simple. Diet, it's mostly diet. Consistency is another big key. When I look at the guys that are in awsome shape at my club most of them are consistent in how they train and eat. These guys never do cardio either and always seem to put me to shame.

The best advise I can give is to stop looking at the scale, it lies and it messes with your head.

Thread Information