Thread: feel like s*#t

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member

feel like s*#t

man i was supposed to cutting but these past two days i binged gained a couple of pounds you guys got any advice for me so i can kick into gear? i feel like shit i train alone so its real hard to stay motivated and my girl is always on my case about working otu too much can you believe that?!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I workout mostly on myself also, it can be tough sometimes, but remeber even with a traning partner itīs you that need to get the weight up! He is only there to incurage you and help if itīs to heavy, just grab someone to check you and pump away.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah i have to work out alone too. fortunately i dont need motivation because i work in a gym (as a lifeguard though) but still it gets me there

peace

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    listening to music is a good motivator for myself, Rage, Linkin Park, Limp Biz. works for me.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by trimunex
    listening to music is a good motivator for myself, Rage, Linkin Park, Limp Biz. works for me.
    Yes, I have to drag myself to the gym, but once I get there I have a routine of putting my headphones on, and pushing play, and that first song, get's me pumped. the hardest part is getting myself to the gym, once I get there, I get pumped. Especially if I see a fine woman working out or in the gym. I guess it doesn't take much for me. And by the way, I work out alone too. Nothing wrong with that.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Look back to the really good workouts that you have had in the past. See if there is a common focal point that made the workout better than useual. I wrote a thread about a year ago in the educational threads called training the mind part 1 and part 2. It's a good read if I do say so myself and it addresses this very issue much more indepth than I can go into here in this post. Look,..... even the most deiticated hit a low spot every now and then where their focus is off. It is important to reconise this and do something about it.
    In the past I have noticed several things that have made my workouts much better.
    1) Mainly what I had to eat throughout the day before I went to the gym.
    2) The time of day that I workedout.
    3) Certain memebers at the gym that either motivated me to push heaveir weight, or simply a good looking girl that seemed to somehow just by being there motivate me. Navigate toward these people when ever possible.
    4) On the flip side, there are also those that really bug the shit out of me, you know the ones that want to strick up a conversation and just hang out. Avoid them at all cost even if you must speak out about haveing limited time in the gym and that you really need to get through your routine.
    5) A particular favorite CD of my favorite music
    6) Mirrors! Yea the can really point out strong points in your physique as well as weak ones.
    Setting goals and giving yourself a deadline to obtain them. Let nothing stand in their way
    Face it, this is a life style and the mind, like the body, must be trained on step at a time. Hope it helps.
    IC
    Last edited by Tobey; 08-09-2002 at 01:31 AM.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    hey guys thanks alot you guys really motivated i know even the most fanatic sometimes slip ill just have to work harder next workout

inertia is offline Associate Member
    tobey those are great tips some of which i never even thought about till now.i dont know if my w.o. would be as intense without all the other people there(esp the fine ladies). what irritates me the most is that idiot that has no fuckin idea what hes doing and keeps getting in thew way. and when you leave you run into him on the way out. makes me want to head butt him(that fuker) but it is a form of motivation and some days i need all i can get!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Tobey, how the hell have you been bro? Haven't seen or talked to you in a while. As always words of wisdom my friend.

Thread Information