Thread: earlybirds

inertia is offline Associate Member

Question earlybirds

as far as morning workouts what do we do as far as pre wo intake. is it shake then w.o., or is it meal wo then post w.o. shake?? im confused about this one. any help is appreciated!----thx inertia

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    I train at 05:30, my AM ritual is:

04:15: Protein Shake w/ bananna and peanut butter
    05:00: Stimulant and diet soda
    05:30-07:00 Training
    07:30 Recovery Shake
    08:30 Breakfast

Ermantroudt

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I personally try not to train with weights in the morning...I save the morning for cardio when I am dieting down only of course and always do it on an empty stomach..when I get home and about 45 mins after I have finished my workout I eat my 8-10 eggs whites and 2 yokes and 1/2 cup of oatmeal, with a large glass of water. Then hit the weights in the late afternoon around 5-6pm

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    If I train early, then I try to have a bowl of 2 packs of Cream of Wheat and I throw 2 scoops of Nitro-tech with it, about an hour before I train.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I go hit weights and cardio without eating breakfast,

then when i get back home its a
    protien shake with 2 scoops
    some eggs or a breakfast burrito (eggs,sasauge in a tortillia)
    1 tablespoon flaxseed in a little bit of lemonade
    multi vits, ect

isnt the best for me but isnt stopping my progress so im good with it.

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    I train twice a week at 0600 AM. Even then I could neve skip breakfast. I have creatine, musuli, youghurt, banana-kiwi-berry blended in 500ml ss milk. Then after my workout, I have a tin of tuna or a cold steak sandwich.

I know some people say they prefer breakfast after, but I have no energy that way, and it just not practical to go back home berfore work...

Tie

inertia is offline Associate Member
    i was reading some thing about how you were not supposed to eat protein before your w.o. because your body is using energy trying to digest,my question is how long before?? .but these guys were getting techincal though.also post w.o.intake was recommended high g.i./and whey protein immediateley after your w.o.to replentish glycogen storage.maybe a good time for creatine.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    It's all in how you feel really. If you can eat, eat. If you feel sluggish or can't digest it, experiment with different things until you figure out what works for your body.

I do a 75min boot camp class at 6am 3 mornings a week, and there is no way I can eat ANYTHING before hand since I am often on the verge of throwing up and/or passing out during class(it's very intense). It's mostly cardio/anaerobic drills, so I don't really have time to get hungry and I always seem to have enough energy for the hill interval sprints we do at the end.

But on the weekends when I lift in the mornings I always eat something first. This morning it will be a small serving of special K with a bit of soy milk, then when I get home I will have a whey shake with some glutamine. Normally I wouldn't eat the cereal, I would have egg whites and rice, but I don't have any rice made up.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Usually when I go to the gym from work (after 2 AM), I would drink a protein shake when I get home from the gym. I read that it's the best time to drink one then. However, I may eat a protein bar during my 12:30 AM break so that I'll have something to use when I get to the gym.

Thread Information