bdiamond is offline New Member

upper arm thickness

I'm semi-tall at 6'4 weigh about 225-230, i have long arms and am looking to beef up my biceps/triceps a little. i'm not worried about a peak in bi's really just want to make my arm thicker, right now i have a day set aside to just train my arms, i do about 9 sets for bi's and about 9 for tri's. get in the basics, skull crunchers, preachers, straight bar, etc... anyone have any suggestions?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Hmm....maybe superset one day and see how you like that ??

I don't do 9 for each......that's way too much for me personally. Tri's I stick to skull krushers, rope extensions (front & overhead) close grip pushups. Bi's I stick with close grip pull-ups, EZ bar curl, dumbbell hammer, and straight bar reverse curls.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    This ought to do it for you. The major 2 routines that got my arms at 20' were Ironman curls for bi's and closed grip bench presses for tri's.

Triceps: Assuming you know the proceduces of the bench press, use the knurling barbell and position your hands at least 6 inches apart. Perform a few sets of close grip benches and that'll get your tri's to grow. Follow up with french curls, tricep pushdowns, and/or kickbacks.

Biceps: Whatever your max is with the dumbell curl, you're going to want to use only 50-60% of your max for the Ironman (a.k.a 21 rep) curls. (Incidently, I call them the Ironman curls because that's the magizine that I read when I learned about them.) Normally, you perform curls by raising the dumbell from the side of your thigh to your shoulder using only the forearm to do so and keeping your elbows locked to your sides. With the Ironman curl, you will perform 3 segments of each set. Each segment is actually 7 reps. Thereby, 21 reps (i.e., 3 segments of 7 reps= 21 reps). On the 1st segment of the set, you will raise the dumbell from your thigh to the mid-level (your arm should be straight out in front of you from your stomach). After completing the 1st segment and when you're reached the 7th rep, your 2nd segment is from the mid-level to your shoulder. Always start from mid-level until you've completed the 2nd segment. Upon completing the 2nd segment, bring the dumbells back down to the side of your thigh and proceed with the 3rd and final segment, which is a complete dumbell curl. When you've completed the 3 segments (21 reps), that completes the set.

When done correctly, you should feel a burn by the 5th rep of your 2nd segment. I've been doing this for about 4 years and still have yet to go beyond 2 sets.
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 08-12-2002 at 06:34 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    They are called 21īs
    7reps first half of a curl
    7reps second part
    7 full reps

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

Originally posted by palme
    They are called 21īs
    7reps first half of a curl
    7reps second part
    7 full reps
    Yeah, same thing.

bdiamond is offline New Member
    alright thanks for the responses i'll implement that into my routine

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    can any1 give me a site wher i can see how i can do the ironman coz i dont know anything about it

KeyMastur is offline VET
    It's not that hard. It's like a normal curl, only you do the first half 7 reps, the second half 7 reps, and then a full curl 7 reps.

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    I should give those a try, I hate this tooth pick look.

Thread Information