Thread: abs?

jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

abs?

my abs are in great shape- but my question to you guys is- i work them every other day and have a buch of diff ways i work them .-anyhow-lets say i do abs on monday and come wensday they are still kinda tense from working them on monday-so should i still be working them even if they are still sore from the day i worked them? i have always heard never work the muscle if its still sore from the last time u did it cause u will hurt it and over work it? is this true- could i be hurting my abs instead of building them? could i not be benefitting like i should if i gave them more rest? thanks Jeff

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    IMO, if they're still a little tweaked from the previous session, then give it another day or two!

ok thanks- that might cause the muscle to break down to much- maybe if they are still sore?

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    if they still hurt, lay off.

babi is offline Associate Member
    dude do abs ed or whenever you feel like it it aint no fucking squats that you need to go once a week yes if you feel sore then its optional if you wanna take time off abs,its one thing that wont hurt you doing ed cmon ignore the rocket scientist of bb you can not overtrain abs(everybodys exp that i personally know)

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Do them 3-4 times a week. Thats enough bro.

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    Im with mr ast on this one

PrewPump is offline Junior Member
    biceps are smaller than abs (collectively), do you do biceps everyday? Use lost of resistance. would you expect your chest to get big doing 200 push-ups everyday? muscles are muscles, regardless of where they are and how big they are. some people like to defy physiology and have small muscles, i dont suggest this to anyone.

thanks guys-hmm well guess everyone has there own idea? haaha later guys

demetri is offline Member
    Mike Menser wrote in his column about ab training. He didn't think you should train them at all. Mike would always preface everything he said but first stating "I was the first person to score a perfect 300 at the Mr. Universe".

Mike's notion was that your abs are indirectly trained when you do the basic workout exercises like squats and dead lifts. He even pointed out that you work them when you do tricep press downs (remember your first week back to the gym and your abs were sore the day after triceps??).

Mike said a lot of things though and not all of them right. I do sort of agree with him on this one though. I do train my abs. I like to train them on leg days as they've been really warmed up. That means I'm training them once a week. I've got great abs, so people tell me. When I'm fat you can still see the outline of my abs through my shirt ... can't see them for some reason when the shirt is off.

IMO it is important to superset ab exercises. You get a better burn. I spend no more than 5 minutes doing abs. I stole my ab workout from this old program called "Legendary Abs" I found that it works great, though it sounds cheesy.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    how does the routine go demetri?

demetri is offline Member
    I start with hanging leg raises. When I do these I make sure that I bend my knees as I bring my legs up (this focusses the work on the lower abs and not the hip flexors). Near the top I curl by ass in and almost touch my knees to my chest. I do these slow and controlled.

I do two sets, 15 reps, ten second rest, and then 10 reps.

Imediately (ie no rest) I go into something that I can't remember what it's called. You lie down in a crunch position, bring your legs into your chest, squeeze them up in the air until your legs are perpendicular to the floor. The only thing touching the floor should be your uppper back, head, and arms (for balance). Bring them down into your chest again, then push your legs straight out keeping them about 3 inches off the ground.

I do two sets 20 reps, ten second rest, and then 15 reps.

Then with no rest I do as many crunches as I can.

Makes them burn every time

Thread Information