tryingtogain is offline Member

why am i always tired

ive been having this problem that i am always tired and i dont know why even when i get plenty of sleep. i dont have mono and the first thing i wna do when i get home from school is always sleep. why am i always tired. i hate it sometimes its also hard to consintrate on things

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    have you looked at what your eating, is it healthy for the most part? do you take multi vitamins?and what about protein, strenous activity takes its toll on the body so you need the fuel to burn, do you have enough rest days, you cant train 24/7..just some things to think about. and if its a real concern go to your doctor........HITMAN

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    like the hitman said whats your vitamins and diet look like also my first guess would be overtraining

TheGame826 is offline Member
    a friend of mine from school has the same problem... ive never actually seen him full awake. maybe you should try some coffee or fat burners for energy

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Drink more water--Eat more carbs

Originally posted by Hitman
    have you looked at what your eating, is it healthy for the most part? do you take multi vitamins?and what about protein, strenous activity takes its toll on the body so you need the fuel to burn, do you have enough rest days, you cant train 24/7..just some things to think about. and if its a real concern go to your doctor........HITMAN
    good post

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Little Jonah

good post

thanks bro you would have said the same thing, its only what ive read and practiced by listening to you lot so i got to be true and pass it on........HITMAN

xenithon is offline Member
    are you trying any sorta new diet?? normally when i start something new and do go into it too gradually, i feel weak, ESPECIALLY low carb season a week into that and i feel like a sloth

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    There really could be several reasons for your tiredness, but the first things that come to my mind are:

a. are you going to sleep at the same time each night and waking up at the same time. (your body thrives on regularity)
    b. are you getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
    c. are you eating regularly and keeping your carbs adjusted for your activity, as well as avoiding high glycemic carbs that will spike your blood sugar.

If you've got these three things under control, then do you have any family history of diabetes or hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia?

I'm just throwing some thoughts out for you to ponder about but if you appear to be doing everything right and are still tired all the time then you may need to see your Dr. for some blood work.

jamotech is offline Member
    Youre showing beginning signs of overtraining, follow the advise above or the next thing that will happen is youll probably get sick, Id take a week off also.

babi is offline Associate Member
    i had the exact same things couple of years back. imade it to the doc finally and i was convinced iwas sick they ran all kind of test on me and i showed to be very healthy.so the docs explonation was the stress yes the stress imo could be a little bit of overtraining too though

hammerhead is offline Member
    if you drink alcohol at night you could get sleepy the next afternoon as a result of it. Or smoke weed either one.

i am a "morning person" - are you? No matter how much or how little sleep I get (within reason) i'm usually wide awake in the mornings and very sleepy in the afternoons. If you're like this then using less energy in the mornings gives you more to burn in the afternoons.

Do you drink coffee or some form of caffeine in the mornings or early afternoon? If you do then that could be causing you to get sleepy in the afternoons! Cut out the morning coffee (or cut it down to 1 cup maximum) and you'll get alot better!

Also - don't oversleep! If you sleep more that what your brain wants believe it or not you'll get sleepy the next day. Shoot for the ideal number of hours of sleep - usually 6 to 8 - and don't go over nor under it.

Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning and your brain will get locked into that routine - your sleep quality will improve and you can home in on the correct amount of sleep your brain needs (your body doesn't need sleep your brain does).

Avoid large lunches and limit the amount of sugar you eat with lunch!

I had a huge huge problem with afternoon sleepiness and that's what worked for me. Do these things and it will be the best you can do without prescription drugs. Unless you have narcolepsy you're not getting anything from the doctor other than what I just told you and if you do have it then nothing short of drugs will help.

Happy zzzzs man!

Luke530 is offline Junior Member
    Hypo- and Hyper- glycemia may be of concern...

Are you cutting... Most people feel like this when they are cutting...

If you have been cutting too long... it's timefor a break... you may have slowed your metabolism down... and a slow metabolism leaves you constantly tired...

How low is your bodyfat percentage? if you are too low, below your body's set point, your body will rebel and will do anything to keep the fat on you, including slowing the production of hormones such as adrenaline/epinephrine this will make you tired, also again, it will slow your metabolism to the point where you will be lethargic 24/7.

If you have high bilirubin in your liver, this will also cause lethargy... bilirubin is produced when your body is giving your liver too much watse to process (catabolism of muscles is huge) and it also means there are many dying red blood cells in your blood, which is not good... these show up on blood tests. Jaudince is also another possible side-effect.

Overtraining is another thing that is possible... basically your adrenals may be "shot" and not producing as much hormones... rest is key.

Peace,
    Luke

Thread Information