Rowdy is offline New Member

shaking after working out?

After a real intense workout, I tend to be a little jittery and shaky for an hour or 2 afterwards. Not really bad just enough that I can feel it now and then a little bit. Is this just adrenaline still running through my body, or is it something im doing wrong like over training, or not eating right? thanks for input.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I shake a bit as well, just grab your pecker and enjoy the ride......XXL

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    If you were not eating enough, you would also lack energy for your workouts. YOur body is pumped and it takes time to come down from the high it is on. check your heart rate and keep an eye out light headedness. If that becomes frequent, consult a physician.

Other than that keep training hard. or limp

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    It's normal to shake if you push really hard. I shake after almost every weight training session. Esp when I do legs, chest or back.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

adaptations is offline Member
    You just need more food in your system...make sure you eat some carbs before your WO....and eat right after your wo

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Do you take a ECA before workouts for energy? If so then bingo

Also as above stated, get some good carbs and whey before your workouts to gain maximum energy for maximum output

I shake after just about every cardio session I do.

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    I get jittery sometimes, but not very often. Usually after a really good Chest & arm workout.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i experienced the same prob from 2 months but after i began to eat to mush carbs the problem went away i eat 2 huge boiled potaoes befor my workout

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Its probally your nerves and if you work out too long you start to mess up your nerves and thats not a good thing. How long do you workout?

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I only shake after a hard cardo day. My arms shake when i do forarms but only for a about 15 min

babi is offline Associate Member
    i shake sometimes after a heavy leg work out

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Shaking, lightheadedness, dizziness, and sometimes nausea can be symptoms of hypoglycemia (your sugar going too low).

Do some complex carbs about two hours before your workout and see if there's any improvement. (Complrex carbs means something substantial like pasta, rice, bread, etc. - not simple sugars like candy bars, fruit juice, or a carb-based drink, which your system burns up faster.)

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    bullshit! i know its a good workout when i shake for two hours after i do legs. Today i took a piss 30minutes after legs, and nearly made a mess out of it.
    No amount of carbs will keep you from shaking if you really push yourself. Its perfectly normal

gymnut4u is offline Member
    TNT :::: is correct I am hypoglycemic , it is simply low blood sugar , eat something sweet (fruit ) or ,rice,pasta and it will pass in 30 min or so !!!!! I eat an orange before and an apple after , it does the trick for me , be carefull not to eat to much or the bf % will rise from the high sugar content of fruit !

iluvthtbbypht is offline New Member
    since i started working out harder i stopped my shaking ways but my muscle "jumps" have become way too familiar

yea i alwayz shack after i work out while im trying to write my math finals ahha

shake
    not shack
    haha

hammerhead is offline Member
    Originally posted by TNT
    Shaking, lightheadedness, dizziness, and sometimes nausea can be symptoms of hypoglycemia (your sugar going too low).

Do some complex carbs about two hours before your workout and see if there's any improvement. (Complrex carbs means something substantial like pasta, rice, bread, etc. - not simple sugars like candy bars, fruit juice, or a carb-based drink, which your system burns up faster.)
    I have to say TNT is right on the money. It's also not uncommon for this to happen even if you are eating properly. BCAAs and eating a light meal 2 hours before your workout will help reduce this but it isn't really a sign of problems nor is it cause for alarm. It's just low blood sugar. The upside to this is that yor body is burning alot of fat for energy in this phase. The downside is that your muscles are not rebuilding from your workout until hours after you get a good meal in you.

Luke530 is offline Junior Member
    If your diet is good (plenty of carbs pre- and post- workout) and you are not taking AS or an ECA, then it's your nervous system getting overworked... it will not directly affect hypertrophy, however... the CNS is a big part in lifting more weight... if it is overworked... your weights/reps will not progress as fast as they can... this, in turn, will have an effect on hypertrophy, possibly in the long run. many times this is the case why bodybuilders cannot lift the same weights as powerlifters... powerlifters know how to train their CNS to work for them... most bodybuilders just overtrain their CNS. This happens when to many sets are taken to faliure or not enough rest is in between sets for the CNS to recover. Remember, faliure will slow gains strength wise, however, it may or may not slow hypertrophy.

Thread Information