chest/legs

tues./off

weds.
    back / arms

thur./ off

fri.
    shoulders/ legs

weekends off

have to go to a 3 day work out split so i can spend more time with the wife and my boy tell me what you think of this split it a little hefty and after each session im going to do 30 min of cardio and also doing traps, forarms, abs and calves for those three workout days. do you think that is a good split? if not give me some examples of what you would prefer.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Big "J"....this is just MO but legs 2 x per week may be a bit rough...especially if you're doing cardio as well. I would try something like this:

Mon - chest, shoulders, triceps (you won't need many tricep exercises as they will be pre-exhausted from chest and shoulder work)

Wed - Back and biceps

Fri- legs (quads and hams)

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    that is a good one big p i think i will use that one and im still going to hit traps, abs, forearms and calves. I'm also starting to do a work out log for each day i work out so i can see my progress written down and measurements every 4 weeks or so as normal. also still post some pics for my bros on the board wont see as much progress as working out 5 days a week like i have been doing but i want to stay married so gotta spend some time with the wife and help out a little aroung the house you know what im sayin. well thanks for the help catch ya later p gotta go to lunch.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Good call "J". Since your still training natty this split will give your muscles a lot of recovery time as well. Trabs, calves, abs EO workout should be fine. Remember to keep those cals high and clean, drink lots of aqua and make sure you getting at least 250g pf protein per day.

P

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    thanks P im sure i get over that amount of protien a day i prob get around 300 cal stay up around 3500-400 and my fat stays below 100 i just have a probllem staying away from the sodium with my rice and noodles and stuff how much sodium should i intake a day weighing 210lbs 6ft1in.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Pete's the man JRMY...this is exactly what I would do. And I would not do any cardio on leg days other than a 10-15:00 warm up and stretch. I also would not train forearms on days other than your back/bic day. I feel like if I am rushing at the end of a workout to add a few "lagging" parts in like calves, forearms for example, then I won't really put the effort they need and is it really worth it? I'd simlply pound the snot out of them on their day.

Thread Information