thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member

gettin big in tha big house.....jail workout ?

ok...so a buddy of mine finally got his sentence and of course he waits until a matter of days before he's gone to ask me to put together a workout plan for him.....as much as i am familiar with bodyweight workouts, ive never really been on one, always been in the weightroom personally....

thought i would throw the question out there......any suggestions on some various exercises that can be done without weights to form some semblance of a workout? he wont have access to any equipment where he'll be at....

i didnt realize how spoiled ive been with having a gym ......i had to tell him id get back to him, as my brain froze when i got put on the spot!!

(exclude all bent over exercises)

bakie is offline Associate Member
    Dips, pushups (using all sorts of widths same with the dips), chinups, pullups, If he had a bar he can lay under you can do rows if it's possible, squats, lunges, with anything that is heavy in his cell, calves just using body weight, toes in straight and out. 1 leg squats, 1 leg calve workouts, elevate his legs and do elevated pushups then do pushups hands on the bed... that gives him a hit from every direction. Then of course the 100 different ab excersises that can be done. Hit me up if you want some more then that, because I was in boot camp and everything we did was without weight. Sharks are a great lower back workout... That's where you get on your stomach and hold your legs and arms off the ground and act like your swimming keeping only your stomach on the ground. 8 count body builders work your core really well. As said, if you need some more ideas hit me up.

silversurfer is offline Junior Member
    When i was in there we would fill an empty trash can up with water. A couple of gallons, depending on how heavy you wanted it.

Then gripping the handle, you would do one arm curls.

Also, by trash can i mean the ones that come up to ur waist or so, and of course it would be empty. Depending where he is, he might not be able to do this.

silversurfer is offline Junior Member
    He could also do push ups (close, wide, ect) with a partner (if he be-friends one) and having his partner press down with an open hand on the top of his back every time he comes up.

youngerlion is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    He could also do push ups (close, wide, ect) with a partner (if he be-friends one) and having his partner press down with an open hand on the top of his back every time he comes up.
    a partner is the best method for having weight resistance. It sucks if your celly is not down to workout. you can do squats, have him hold a towel and pull back for weighted biceps and tri , and all kinds of ish if you got a good celly to workout with.

stpete is offline Banned
    He could also fill his laundy bag with books and do some arm and shoulder work.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my buddy went in at 230 and came out at 180 4 months later...he wanted to kill himself

TRT,MAN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    my buddy went in at 230 and came out at 180 4 months later...he wanted to kill himself
    just for this reason tell your homie to get kitchen duty that way he has plenty of food. the one guy at the very top pretty much coverd all the works. oh and by the way he dont have to worry about rest hes gonna get plenty of that. lol

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Angry

Just tell ur bro if he just does pushups when some big m-fer is on his back by the time he gets out Lee haney wont hav nothyn on him.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Dips, Pullups, Pushups and Waterbags for bis. Sissy squats and basic calf raises. Lots of situps.

Tell him to do this method for chest once a week, Start at 50 pushups then each set after drop one.. Like so 50, 49, 48, 47 etc etc..

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post

Yea I went in at 240 and came out 190 16months later. But I was chizzeled and could run a marathon... Goodtimes.

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    GOOD STUFF GUYS...

just got a letter the other day, he's in a dorm for now...should be plenty of stuff around to work with....

thanks again

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Quote Originally Posted by youngerlion View Post
    a partner is the best method for having weight resistance. It sucks if your celly is not down to workout. you can do squats, have him hold a towel and pull back for weighted biceps and tri , and all kinds of ish if you got a good celly to workout with.
    Beat him until he is

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    is he going to jail or prison.. and if you don't mind me asking what area of the country... all this actually makes a big difference on how the fitness of inmates are looked at..

I worked in a state prison for four years. and I saw inmates get massive not using anything more than 20 pound dumb bells and sand bags... so it all depends...

but most likely in all honesty he should just become friends with the bigger guys in the prison and ask them for help.. a lot of them know the best workouts for the equipment they use

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    eh working the kitchen is a must if you goto jail, in prison not so much. I just did a unexpected month, lost 10lbs but toned up real well... all in all it was nice, but its nice to be back to the free weights. As already said i did elevated pushups diamonds all different widths. I would do 10-20 of each in each set, while my feet where still elevated. and dips ... lunges etc
    Last edited by james21; 08-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.

ted666 is offline Associate Member

Talking

its a must to get a kitchen job . i did both times . alot of pushuops , dips, pullups,and 5 gallon buckets of water!! done with that jail shit now though!!

hybrid83 is offline Junior Member
    We used to fill up garbage bags with water, and use a broom handle to do curl in County jail. But you dont get enough calories so he better be ready to drop some pounds.

Yeah I almost went to prison too. I here its a muscle heads paradise. I mean you aint got shit to do, and you literally have to workout to survive, where can you find better motivation than life and death. That being said I thank the lord everday for my lawyer hahah.

Thread Information