footballcat is offline Associate Member

Best Place to Lift

Does anyone else lift with just a few close lifting friends. I never go to a big gym. I dont like having to help people who have no clue what they are doing. I have a group of close friends, who power lift. I am the spotter since im not as strong as them. but we have are own gym in a basement. No one to bother us, no one to ask ?s. Just us 3 and weights. Its the best place to lift ever

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    I have a gym set up in my cellar too, but i still need to go to the gym for some workouts. i can't fit everything into my cellar..

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    we fit everything in the basement, two power racks, we have two benchs, t-bar row, lat pulls, hypers, and gluteham,

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have a wide variety of stuff at home and like working out alone. I wish I had more room for a hack squat/leg press combo and full racks of dumbells. Maybe I will get a bigger house in a few years.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I workout at a friends house. has the equipment to get the job done.
    The best thing about it though is no A/C. Gets to 110 degrees with heat index some days and i love it.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

My dream

My g/f thinks i am insane because i continue to insist that if we are ever to get married and buy a home together it has to have a basement. I love the gym, but not for the atmosphere...and, i even like a good amount of the people there, but not while i'm trying to get the job done. If i set up a comprehensive home gym in my basement i'll never (save for when in-laws and friends are around) have to deal with ONE person monopolizing two or three benches/pieces of equipment/area...etc.

Though, that being said, if i go that route, my "competition" remains the same. Growing up as a youth playing basketball, i took the T half an hour to the city everyday to play ball with kids far better than me (as i had become "tops" in my small town) since I firmly believe that the only way to improve (in a timely manner) is to LITERALLY face the fact that you aren't anywhere near top dog in whatever it is you're doing. In that respect, seeing the big guy in my gym handle 405 on bench for a few solid well-performed reps, or the guy with nasty conditioning sneak a few flexes in the mirror really serves as a motivator for me and i could miss that.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    The gym for me cause you can feed off the people while your lifting. Like if your benching, squatting or deadlifting and theres people around you watching, it helps you out a little bit more.

Thread Information