Thread: arm ?

manny is offline Junior Member

arm ?

How do I build up the peak of my bicep, when I say peak I mean the little golf ball that pops up on some people's. And how do I build that tricep head on the outside of my arm? The part that extends down to the elbow and looks like a pointed index finger. I've heard many different opinions on this through the search button and I'm curious to find out which ones are right.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I asked this question to some of the guys about a year ago, Pappapump, told me about the cable curls, (I am not sure what you call them), but you stand as he describes, like the crucifiction with the cables in each hand, slightly above your head. Curl towards your head. It doesnt' seem like much, but man if you do it right and with enough weight, I promise you, your biceps will burn like hell. That is my favorite exercise now.
    As far as the tricep goes, I like to do, push downs or press downs with a rope, skull crushers, but all in all believe it or not, dips work the best for me on my triceps.

PrewPump is offline Junior Member
    The bicep peak is genetic. You wont see a big "peak" until the biceps is large and lean. Anyone who says that certain workouts hit the "peak" are either not too muscle savy or are confused. Certain workouts can strenghten ceratin parts of muscles, but not create genetic mutations. Look at bb'ers biceps and youll see all are diferent looking. dont stress what you cant change.

what about that strip of the tricep that I mentioned? I work the heck out of my tri's and I still don't see that little strip that leads down to the elbow. I do close grip bench, skull crushers, dips, and rope pulldowns. I'm going to start doing weighted dips and see how they work.

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    IT IS ALL GENETICS!!!
    Doing cable bullshit will NOT help!!!

I'm curious also to find out how to build that tricep head that shoots down to the elbow? Anyone have suggestions besides saying its impossible without good genetics

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I like dips and close grip bench. are u a lean person or is there some fat on your arm? it might be that its there u just cant see it. just give it some time.

The close-grip bench press will hit the lateral head of the triceps very well. As for peaking your biceps, it's impossible. Just look at Sergio Oliva, he had no bicep peak but was still huge.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by fliprock
    IT IS ALL GENETICS!!!
    Doing cable bullshit will NOT help!!!
    I wouldn't go as far as to say cables dont help, i use to incorporate cables alot in my training. It all depends on what your going for, cables may not be the best for mass, however for a pump or a burn out they work great and will make u sore as hell the next day =\

Thread Information